One Jump Ahead - Avengers & Reader

Words: 2602
Pairing: Avengers & Reader
Featuring: Wade Wilson, Clint, Steve, Tony, Nat, Wanda, Vision, others mentioned
Warnings: Swearing, Mention of hacking, guns, fighting, explosions, punching, basically every form of violence an Avengers movie uses.
Summary: Inspired by the song One Jump Ahead from Aladdin, you are a thief just trying to make it in New York. After graduating high school, things got hard. And like Aladdin says, gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat, but little does your friend know that you steal more than just the necessities. And when the Avengers get on your trail, things take a turn.
Author's Note: Kinda OOC Wade because he doesn't break the fourth wall. But I love this! It's a lot of fun. Takes place after CACW but Nat is still on Tony's team.

*Edited*

---

"Three...two...one," You smiled when the alarm started to go off. You were already blocks away from the alarm, and it was one of the easier robberies. That store gets robbed a lot; they should really look into security.

You stopped when you landed on the roof of the place you claimed as your home, not that it was much, though. You watched the sunrise and took a bite from the bread you just stole from the store, the amusement of seeing the cop cars coming around the corners to get to the blaring alarm. You've got to be the best thief New York has ever seen. Young enough to pass off as a million characters, easy to hide, and you know everything there is to know about New York.

You jumped down the hatch to your small home that no one knew existed. It was the attic of an apartment building that has restricted access at the door, but no one went in the doors anyway, so you have heat, air conditioning, and if you sneak around, a bathroom.

"Getting into trouble a little early today, aren't we?" You heard the cunning and deep voice who loved to tease you.

You laughed and split the bread in half. "You're only in trouble if you get caught," You snapped, a smirk on your face. "Want some bread?"

Wade stood up from his spot on the beanbag you had. "I'm good, but I came here to talk to you."

"What now?" You jokingly groaned.

"You really have to stop stealing," He said.

"Dude, I gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat. Tell you all about it when I've got the time!" You smirked.

"I'm serious. Right now, it may just be a few pieces of food here and there, but you really need to stop. Trust me, you don't want The Avengers on your tail."

You laughed hard. "You're telling me to stop stealing? You? Seriously, Wade, what the hell? At least I'm not killing people just to get back at someone for turning me immortal!" You shouted, progressively getting more angered. "You have no right to tell me to stop. I'm stuck alone on the streets with no money, no food, and I actually have the skills to be able to do what I do."

"Which is exactly why you should be using your skills to make something of yourself that's more than a thief!" Wade told you. "You could be using hacking skills to get into a good school or helping people out to block from other hackers and get paid for it," He tried to get to you.

You took a deep breath. "Whatever, I'll think about it. Just get out," You rolled your eyes.

Wade sighed and walked to the ladder. "I'm going to be out of town for a while. Please don't get yourself hurt."