Too Late To Turn Back Now - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 2987
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Featuring: J. Jonah Jameson, Gwen Stacy, Norman Osborn, Natasha Romanoff
Warnings: DEATH, shooting, fighting, basically anything in the show Arrow
Summary: Based on the song Too Late To Turn Back Now from the musical Bonnie and Clyde, Peter and you are in your twenties and living your normal lives. However, Peter is not the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man comics know him to be. In this alternate universe, Peter is a vigilante, trying to protect his city of New York from people who have wronged it, but still live on the top. He tries to do things humanely, until one inevitable day, and now it's too late to turn back.
Author's Note: This version of Spider-Man is based off of Green Arrow from the Arrow TV show, where he's more of a vigilante and does the "you have wronged this city" kinda vibe. I really enjoyed this different style!

*Edited*

---

2026

The Spider-Vigilante UNMASKED

J. Jonah Jameson

Most of the city dislikes the "hero" Spider-Man, and we demand to know who he is. He claims to protect our beloved city by taking down the wicked, top-of-the-food-chain people who have somehow and someway wronged the world. It's hard to prove how they wronged the world, but Spider-Man is always trying to prove his way through many random people with little explanation to the people outside of the police. That job should be left to the Avengers, they are the ones who are meant to protect the world! But today, we finally have an answer. Peter Parker, the 23-year-old CEO of Parker Industries, has just come out as Spider-Man after a leaked video of the masked vigilante climbing into the apartment of the waitress (Y/N) (L/N) and Peter Parker. The two met two years ago and have been together ever since, but the question proceeds, did (Y/N) know? Did they work together? Why are they still going after such random, mostly rich people in New York? Spider-Man, Peter Parker, if you will, if you're so convinced that your evergrowing list of people you send to jail is correct and okay to do, why leave them webbed up at the police station, then run off? The people of New York deserve to know what is going through your head as to why they're bad to be in this city, and why you want to take them down. In just a matter of days, your business will be going downhill, but you and your secret Spider-Menace is the only thing to blame.

Unmasked Peter Parker Passes on the Business

J. Jonah Jameson

Only three days ago, it was revealed to the public that the Parker Industries CEO, Peter Parker, is the Spider-Man vigilante running around our city. It has already been reported that profit and sales have dropped at Parker Industries, along with many employees putting in their notice to leave due to who their CEO is. A few hours ago, Peter Parker called a press conference to broadcast to the entire world that he is stepping down from his position as CEO. It has already been decided that Gwendolyne "Gwen" Stacy will be taking over as CEO of Parker Industries. Parker and Stacy attended Midtown High School together and have been friends ever since. Stacy will make for a fine replacement, matching Parker in skills and not being a total menace to the city.

---

2028

Ever since it was revealed that Peter Parker was Spider-Man, you had been getting hate. Peter and you had to move to a place no one would think to look for you, and you had to hold yourself back from answering any questions while you went about your day. You had to watch your back to see if anyone followed you home, and had to keep quiet at all times. Technically, there was no proof against you in that you were helping Peter do his thing as Spider-Man, so no one could legally take any action against you. The police could not come after you, and you could not be fired from your job based on who you were dating.