Cheap Sunglasses - Tony Stark x Reader

Words: 3917
Pairing: Tony Stark x Reader
Featuring: Natasha, Clint, Rhodey, Vision, Some Bway people
Warnings: swearing
Summary: Loosely based on Cheap Sunglasses by RAC, you are the owner and star reporter for a rising magazine. As well as an undercover, hidden agent of SHIELD...but only a few people know. You have to meet Tony Stark for the first time for multiple reasons: check on him for Fury, and get him on the cover of the magazine. It is an interesting week.
Author's Note: This is for the song challenge! Also, I love this song so much.

*Edited*

---

(Y/N): I guess I'll be killing three birds at once.

Clint: Yeah? What do you mean?

(Y/N): I get to go to New York, work on my next magazine and hopefully finish it, and do my spy job.

Clint: Don't forget you finally get to meet Tony Stark!

(Y/N): Ew.

You rolled your eyes at the text as your driver announced that you just pulled into the Avengers facility. "Great, he said to just park out front; he would come and get my bags and me, then take me inside," You instructed, dreading everything about to come of this next week.

The driver parked the car and walked around to open the door for you. As you got out, you plastered a giant smile on your face and watched as Tony Stark walked out of the front door, ready to greet you. He announced your name with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, and I'm honored to have you do a story on me," He extended his hand to shake yours. "Tony Stark."

"I'm happy to meet you finally. And it's not just any story, the main cover story for the next magazine!" You replied, just as enthusiastic as he was. Of course, you were faking it a little, but you could feel that he was as well.

Tony smiled and nodded. "Of course. Either way, I'm honored. I love your magazine, and I'm glad you're on the rise. It's quite impressive how fast your brand is growing," Tony commented.

You shrugged and went to grab one of your bags. "Indeed. However, I have been building up for years. It's taken a lot of work to get where we are now, and I'm just relieved it's rising. It's been insanely hard to break out of phase one, and now we can do whatever we please. I'm excited about all the opportunities to come."

"Don't worry about grabbing your bag," Tony reminded you. "And I completely understand you; all these new things ahead of you is such a great thing to think of," He said. "Let me show you around. It's a little bare around here right now, but in part of the base, we do have some SHIELD agents training, and I think some of the Avengers will be returning later today. It gives some time for peace and for you to learn your way around," Tony explained, and the two of you walked into the facility.

You jumped when you felt your phone buzz.

Clint: You make it there?

Clint: Don't fall in love with him.

Laughing, you typed a quick response.

(Y/N): Yes, I did. And you don't have to worry about that.

"Here is where you will be staying. We built rooms for all the Avengers, but since so many come and go, and half don't live here anymore...well, this is your temporary room," Tony rambled. "Either I can show you around now, or we can grab your bags and have you settle in, or whatever you would like," Tony offered.

"Hmm," You hummed as you looked around the room. "I think I should settle in. Then I can update the people following my adventure this week, and we can hopefully get started on some work," You tried to explain the ideas in your head, and Tony nodded.