Chapter 3 - Getting To Know Each Other

AN: Sigh. Forget what I said about posting updates only once a day. I should've known I wouldn't be able to keep my word.

Please don't forget to vote guys, and I'd really love to know your thoughts too. Enjoy!❤️

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Matthew Bellasai just gave me the most ridiculous assignment ever!" RJ said through gritted teeth as he slumped back on his chair hard, making Ken jump.

"What is it?" Ken asked.

RJ let out a frustrated sigh. "I need to move in with a girl and live with her for three months, then we're supposed to live like a married couple. Matt knows what I feel about marriage and yet he picked me." he said.

"Really, who's the girl?"

"That girl from the balloon experiment two weeks ago. Dei." RJ answered, picking up his stress-ball and pressing it fiercely inside his hand.

"That girl? Wow, she's cute," Ken said, studying RJ's expression. "I knew they would brew something up for you both. Our followers haven't stopped talking about you since that day. But to get you guys to move in together right away, that's kinda drastic, huh?"

"Tell me about it," RJ mumbled.

"Well, at least you'll be living like married couples, eh? Eh?" Ken said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Yes, minus the sex, Ken," RJ said throwing the ball to his face. "And I can't date around within that three months. Matt said we are supposed to 'make the marriage work' and not cheat" he added, air quoting the phrase.

"Ow! Well that's just three months, RJ... And you're not actually married so it isn't that big of a deal. You can handle it!" Ken said.

"But what are we supposed to do in that house for three months? I don't like conversations, I barely talk to my dates. You know what, she might not actually reach the end of the three month period, she'd die of boredom from me!" RJ exclaimed. "and she would think I'm a real jerk."

"Then start opening up yourself, man, bring down your walls." Ken suggested.

"No way."

"That's the only way to survive the three months dude. Or are you scared that feelings would start getting involved once you begin opening up yourself." Ken said carefully.

RJ snorted. "She's not my type. She's too innocent. She's never had a boyfriend, can you believe that?"

"Really? I forgot what she looked like exactly, I just remember the other boys teasing you about her last week, saying she was cute. Can you describe her to me in detail?" Ken said moving his chair closer to RJ and looking attentively at his face.

"Well she's a bit short, around 5'4", I think. She's slim and she has light olive skin and broad shoulders too," RJ began, trying to remember every detail.

Ken nodded, "What about her face, I forgot what her face looked like.

"Well... She's got these full, perfectly shaped lips, you can't miss that. And her eyes, man her eyes are so expressive. Light brown and... What?" he stopped when he realized Ken was laughing.