Chapter 76 - Leap of Faith

RJ and Dei left North Bellmore and drove to Midtown Manhattan early the next morning. RJ booked them a suite at The Pearl hotel which was just a about couple of blocks away from Times Square, and he wanted to check in their things early before they started with their tour.

"Wow babe," Dei said as she looked around the suite. "This place looks expensive. Are we staying here for the rest of the vacation?" she asked, frowning a bit.

"Well just for the next three days. We're going back to my folks this weekend and then next week I plan on taking you outside of New York." RJ said, removing the scarf from his neck; it was a bit chilly when they left North Bellmore that morning. "Besides, I want nothing but the best for my girl."

"I would've been okay with a simple hotel room and not a whole suite," Dei said.

"Nope. We're staying here," he said, plopping on the bed. "Come here, let's relax a bit before leaving for the tour."

Dei walked over to the bed and laid next to him. "Where are we going first?" she asked, snuggling closer as RJ placed his arm around her shoulders.

"Do you want to go to Central Park first?"

"I'd love to," she said. "Then I want to visit the Met. Times Square is just a couple of blocks from here, right?"

"Yep, but I don't wanna go there until later this evening," RJ said quickly.

"Hmm... okay," Dei answered. "Let's go?"

They walked their way to the park, allowing Dei to enjoy the view of Manhattan. It was a busy day and she imagined herself like one of her favorite TV characters that strolled along the same sidewalks.

They spent a few hours in Central Park. Dei didn't realize that there were actually a lot of attractions and places to go to within the park. There was the Kerbs Boathouse, the Conservatory Garden, the famous Literary Walk that had been used in about a dozen movies and shows that Dei knew, and then there was the Central Park Zoo.

There were a couple of times that fans had walked over to them to take pictures and although surprised, Dei and RJ obliged. They spent the last hour of their visit lounging on the benches reading and people watching. They spent a few minutes at the Great Lawn too.

There was one time, while they were sitting by the great lawn, when RJ left her to go to the men's rest room

There was one time, while they were sitting by the great lawn, when RJ left her to go to the men's rest room. He was gone for several minutes so she started getting worried and when she tried calling his phone, it was busy. When he came back, he blamed the long line, which puzzled her a bit, but she chose to push it to the back of her mind.

After Central Park they went to visit the Met, and then by early afternoon, RJ took her to the Statue of Liberty Park where they rode a Ferry Boat.