Chapter 62 - Salmon Pink

"Babe, relax..." RJ whispered, massaging Dei's shoulders gently. "You're not the bride," he added, chuckling.

Dei turned to him and scowled.

"I'm kidding," he said, holding both his hands up and laughing. "What's your sister's motif anyway?"

They were on their third bridal boutique and Dei still hadn't found an outfit for the wedding. He, on the other hand, had already gotten himself a good ensemble from the first store they had gone into.

"Salmon pink," she answered, going through about a hundred gowns hanging on a silver rack on one corner of the shop.

"Hmmm... That sounds like a pretty hard color to find," he said, helping her push the clothes aside. "Isn't it possible for you to wear a different color instead, like white for example, and then just wear an accessory that has the color motif," he suggested, glancing at her.

"I'm so close to resorting to that... But I still want to try to find a gown that is the right color," she answered as she pulled him to the next rack.

"What do you think of this?" she asked, holding up a pink silk gown that had spaghetti straps and a very simple design. "Does this look salmon pink to you?"

"Uhhh... I honestly have no idea, babe. Pink is just pink to me. I'm clueless about its different shades." he said, scratching the back of his head. "Are there, like, fifty shades of pink too?"

Dei smirked at him and shook her head. "Maybe this would work. It's closer to the shade I'm looking for. Wait here while I try it on, please." she said, walking towards the fitting room.

"Let me see it this time. Maybe I can help better if I see you in it," RJ said.

"Uhmmm... Ok," Dei said as she stepped into one of the cubicles.

RJ looked at the other displays as he waited for her, trying to find something else that she could consider if she didn't like the first one.

"Babe?" Dei called and RJ turned.

"Wow," was all he could say as he stared at her in awe.

Dei ducked her head and blushed

Dei ducked her head and blushed. "What do you think?," she asked, biting her lip.

"It's perfect," RJ said, still staring at her.

She smiled shyly. "Okay, I'll get this then," she said, and went back to the cubicle.

She emerged from the fitting room a few minutes later, back in her white blouse and black skirt and she had tied her hair in a messy bun.

"I wonder what you'd look like in one of those," RJ whispered, pointing at the bridal gown displays as Dei went to pay for her selection.

She grinned wider and looked at him. "Someday you'll know," she said, and he had to stop himself from kissing her right then and there.