Chapter 103 - The Reception

After a quick change of outfit, RJ and Dei walked into the ballroom of the five star hotel they had booked for their reception. RJ wanted nothing more than to have some alone time with Dei already, but their guests were waiting excitedly for them, eager to voice out their happiness about the couple's union.

"Two more hours and it'll just be you and me, babe. Delayed gratification, huh?" he whispered darkly and Dei ducked her head and blushed.

"You're blushing now, wait till we get to our room later," he told her and she felt a pleasant shiver down her spine

"You're blushing now, wait till we get to our room later," he told her and she felt a pleasant shiver down her spine. There was an edge in RJ's voice, his words both a threat and a promise and Dei gave him a nervous smile. She could already feel a persistent fluttering in her stomach as she stared back at him and she suddenly couldn't focus on anything else.

The guests clapped and cheered as they entered and they went to sit at the small round dining table that was prepared for the married couple

The guests clapped and cheered as they entered and they went to sit at the small round dining table that was prepared for the married couple. As they ate dinner, an AV was shown of RJ and Dei as kids, and then the journey they had as a couple, the experiment being the highlight, and they already had an idea who produced it.

True enough as they glanced at the audience, they saw Matt watching the video with too much pride, even mouthing the bit of narration that came with it, and his eyes brimming with tears.

"I'm gonna miss Matt so much," Dei whispered.

"Me too, actually. He's been my boss for the longest time and he has always been supportive of DeiJay," RJ said, and all traces of the dark and sexy atmosphere that surrounded him earlier were gone for the moment.

"More than the DeiJay from the experiment, I felt that he genuinely cared about us, and I love him so much for that. I wish I'd still get to see him even after we move to NYC," she said.

"Well, yea, he usually goes home for Thanksgiving so we can meet him then," he told her as he picked a bread up from the platter. "I honestly can't believe we have breadsticks on our wedding dinner menu," he remarked, laughing.

"And I honestly can't believe that there's a breadstick charm on the bracelet you gave me," she countered, grinning.

"Well it's your favorite," RJ replied and then glanced at her. "Are you happy, babe?"