Chapter 54 - Warning

"Good night," Dei said, standing on her tiptoes with her arms around RJ's neck as she kissed him softly on the lips.

"Good night," he replied, holding on to her waist.

"Good night," she said again, not letting go.

RJ laughed. "You have to get inside now, you're soaking wet, you might catch a cold."

Dei snorted. "Fine," she gave him one last lingering kiss on the lips and walked towards the door.

"Good night, Dei, I love you." he said as she slowly closed the door behind her, mouthing the words back to him with a smile.

He turned and started walking away until he heard someone call his name.

"Jay..." it was Christine's voice.

RJ closed his eyes and exhaled sharply. "What are you doing here?" he asked, turning to look at her.

"This is my villa," she answered.

"I know, but what are you doing here outside? Were you spying on us?" he asked, his annoyance clear in his voice.

"Oh please," Christine said, rolling her eyes.

"What do you want?"

"I need to show you something," she said, moving closer to him and handing him her phone.

"What's that?" he asked, eyeing the phone suspiciously but not taking it.

"It's about Dei, you need to see it before you start getting in too deep," she said, pushing her phone into his hand.

"I'm already there, Christine, in case you still don't get it," RJ said, looking at her coldly.

"All the more reason for you to see that, she's not who you think she is," she said, matching his gaze. "There may be no more way to fix us, RJ, but we have been together for three years and we used to really care about each other. I still care about you, and no matter what you think of me, I still have your best interest and at heart."

RJ looked at her closely and then took her hand. He placed the phone firmly back on her palm. "Forget it, Christine," he said through gritted teeth. "I'm not falling to anymore of your bullshit. Leave us alone!" He quickly turned away from her and left.

"Well, don't say I didn't warn you," she said with a sneer.

RJ turned back to her and opened his mouth to say something but then decided against it and finally left.

Christine chewed on her lip angrily and sent him three identical messages to his email.