Chapter 21 - Rain

Matt looked at each of RJ and Dei's faces as they sat in front of his desk on Monday morning.

"Well? Is it true? Are you officially a couple now?" Matt asked again, his tone serious.

RJ sighed, glanced at Dei and finally answered. "Yes."

Matt shrieked and clutched his heart. "Oh my God! Why didn't you tell me right away? I had to overhear it in the cafeteria and I looked like a complete gossip mongrel trying to listen to their conversation. You don't know how happy I am for both of you!" he said waving his hands at them. He took a couple of deep breaths before proceeding and then paused as if he just remembered something. "Things kinda happened so fast though, don't you think? Are you sure about this Dei?"

"Matt." RJ growled.

"I'm kidding!" Matt said laughing.

Dei laughed nervously. "Yes Matt, I'm sure. I was pretty surprised myself but I'm certain about it."

"So our little project has just gotten a little more interesting. I bet we're going to learn more about this as days go by. Are you going to let our followers know?" he asked clasping his hands together.

"Not really." Dei said and RJ shook his head.

"I agree," Matt said. "Give subtle hints, maybe? But don't give out your real status."

RJ rolled his eyes.

"I will no longer force you to do live feeds daily but please post snaps every day." Matt said. "And start working on both your articles about this. We'll post your views every weekend. If you don't wanna share what you feel via live feed, put it in writing."

"Okay," Dei said.

"And congratulations. You don't know how happy I am, especially for you, RJ. It might not seem like it but I am." he said, smiling at them as they stood up to leave.

RJ nodded and gave him a small smile. Then he led Dei out the door by the waist as she waved goodbye to Matt.

"AND NO PDA IN THE OFFICE!" Matt called out as they closed the door.

+++++

"I thought he was going to slice our heads off for ignoring him this weekend" Dei said as they walked to her cubicle.

"He wouldn't do that," RJ said chuckling. "Matt is never that mad."

"You seem pretty tight," she noticed.

"We have a love-hate kind of relationship, but yea, we are pretty tight. We go way back and he knows me more than anyone else here. Well besides Ken of course," he explained.

Dei smiled. "By the way, I can't have lunch with you later since I still need to finish something. But see you at home?" Dei said as she stood by her cubicle.

"Do you want me to order food?" he asked, taking her hand.

"Breadsticks." she said, looking up at him with a smile.

"Okay." he said.

"Lots of breadsticks."

"Got it."

"Thanks. Now leave, I have to work," she said, pushing him playfully.

RJ looked around for a few seconds and then gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "See you later." he said, laughing at the shocked look on her face.