Broken Down (B)

B L A K E  R I C H A R D S O N

For: no one

◦◦◦

You turn into the country lane, your usual shortcut home from work. As you get halfway down it, your car suddenly stops.

"Damn it!" you mutter.

The sky is pitch black and you're stuck in the countryside.

You unplug your phone and dial a number for help. No service.

"Great." you sit back into your seat.

You wait a while, wondering what you could do without leaving your car, but nothing comes to mind.

A pair of headlights appear in front of you and you sigh in relief.

The car stops next to you and the driver hops out. You climb out and are greeted by a tall, good looking guy around your age.

"You broken down?" He asks.

"Yeah. The stupid thing won't turn on." you groan.

"Lock your car. I'll give you a lift home and call someone to come and get it. I'm Blake." he smiles.

"I'm y/n." you do as he says and lock your car so it doesn't get stolen.

To be honest you don't think you'd care if it was stolen, it doesn't even start anyway.

You climb into the passenger seat of Blake's car and wait for him to turn on the engine.

"Where do you live then?" He asks. You tell him your address and he drives down the road.

It doesn't take long to get home, and when you see the front of your house ahead of you, you sigh with relief.

"Thank you so much Blake." you smile.

"It's okay, anytime." he grins.

You climb out the car and walk up the path to your front door.

"Wait!" you hear Blake call. You turn around and see him running up the path.

"I think you forgot something!" he says, out of breath.

"Oh, what?" you ask.

"My number."