Return, Part 3

"Shh, love." John picked up his cell phone, then quickly dialed 911. "Yes, hello? Someone has just broken into me house, and I believe they are armed. The address is..."

Paul had tuned him out; he was too busy being afraid. He could be killed at any moment.

"Thank you." He hung up the phone. "Maybe they're onto something with these mobile phones." He noticed the shaking Paul. "Love, it's okay. I'll protect you with me life." The moonlight coming in from the slats on the closet door shone on his porcelain face, making it much more beautiful in his opinion. "That's what people do when they love each oth -"

Slam! "Open up!"

Paul hid in his chest as the bedroom door was being kicked down. "Johnny." He squeezed his eyes shut.

"That arsehole," John growled. The door kept being kicked, but he didn't tell him it would probably give soon. And it did, falling down with a huge thump.

"Where are you?"

They huddled together in the closet, trying not to breathe too loudly. The footsteps moved to the bed. "Don't cry, Paulie." Tears ran down his cheeks, but he stayed quiet. "You'll be okay, don't worry." He searched for his face in the darkness.

"But I'm worried about you," he insisted. "I don't care if I get hurt, I just want to make sure you're safe."

"And I don't care if I get hurt, as long as you're safe."

"Me Johnny." They hugged, knocking over a box. They both froze.