Numbers

1979

"Eighteen, right?" Elica was walking with Julian, no particular direction. Three months into their friendship, they were becoming fairly close.

"Yes. Twenty-four, right?"

"Yes," she sighed. "I know, I'm getting old."

"Not really." He re-adjusted his glasses. "Your parents are two years apart."

"That's not the same, we're six years apart." Elica pursed her lips. "I'm sorry, I wasn't sure you were interested in a relationship with me or not. I mean, I shouldn't have assumed anything, right? I just -"

"Elica." Julian took her head in his hands. "Listen to me. You're a beautiful girl, and I'd gladly be in a relationship with you, love."

"R - really?" She shivered under his touch, secretly loving it when he called her that.

"Really. Look, I know you think I'm too young for you." He took his hands away. "Frankly, I don't give a fat whatever about age. What about you?"

"Same goes for me." Her eyes fluttered shut as he gave her a small peck on the cheek. "Julian?"

"Yes, Elica?"

"You missed," she smirked. "Pretty close, though."

"You want me to kiss you, then?" Julian raised an eyebrow. "A real kiss?"

"Um." Confidence slipping from between her fingers, Elicia looked away. "I - I wouldn't say want, moreso appreciate it?"

He laughed his charming laugh. "All you had to do was ask, and you shall receive."

"I see." She squeaked as he kissed her for real this time, wrapping his arms around her waist.

How could a day get any better than this?