Gently Weeping

1970

"H - hello?" Elica rapped on the door, biting her nails.

"It'll be okay," Ringo soothed.

"Yes?" The door opened. "E - Elica?"

"Mr. McCartney?" She looked at him hesitantly.

"Elica, oh my god." Paul scooped her up, causing her to squeak. "She's even prettier than you said!"

"Paul, put the poor girl down," George laughed.

"Eh?" Elica's feet met the ground again, then she blushed profusely. "Mr. McCartney?"

"Yes, love?" He bent down to her level. "You can just call me Paul, you know."

Well, it was only fair that she gave him a compliment."Y - you're," she looked away, "you're really pretty," she squeaked, hiding her face.

Paul blushed, twisting a lock of his hair. "A - ah, got yourself a little charmer there, lads." He stepped aside. "Come in, come in."

"Nice place you have here." George looked around the tiny apartment.

"It's not much," he shrugged. "I miss me house, though."

"Why did you leave your house?" Elica asked. Silence. "Did I say something wrong?" She glanced around worriedly. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Paul whispered. "I moved out after the breakup."

"Breakup?"

"Oh, Elica, we wanted him to tell you himself." Ringo frowned.

"I," Paul took a deep breath, "I moved out after John broke up with me." He held his hand up when she tried to say something. "He met a girl. I don't know what he sees in her, but..." He sighed, bowing his head. "I guess that's it." Before he knew it, he was enveloped in a hug. "Huh?!"

"I'm sorry, Mr. McCartney." Elica held him tight, sniffling a bit. "I know what it's like losing the one you love."

"Oh, honey." Paul picked her up and set her on the couch. "It hurts, it does."

"I know." She buried her face into his neck, crying silently. Tears ran down his cheeks as well, and he pulled her closer. "I - I love you, Mr. McCartney."

"Call me Paul," he chuckled weakly.

"Uncle Paul," she corrected.

"Works for me." They stayed like that for a long time.

"Would you ever leave me, Georgie?" Ringo asked.

"No, would you leave me?" George replied.

"No." They hugged, beginning to cry as well. "We're a mess, huh?"

"It must be a family thing."