#1

"This is the place!" Evy shouted next to me when she saw a restaurant.

"It says Don Georgio, just like Nicky said" she explained.

The restaurant has a small front yard, tables with armchairs around, large and white umbrellas over the tables.

Nicky recommended to us her favorite place to eat in Los Angeles and Evy loved it, because Nicky told her that it was normal to see some celebrities coming there.

We parked at their exclusive parking lot and got out of the car, walking to the front door.

There, a short and a bit fat man greeted us happily.

"Buon pomeriggio, le mie ragazze" said the Italian man.

"Excuse moi?" Evy asked and he laughed.

"Good evening, my ladies!" He did a bow, inviting us to come inside. "Please let me show you your table" He said walking in front of us and leading us to a table in the corner, next to a window.

"Is this your first time here?" he asked kindly.

"Is that obvious?" I asked shyly.

The man smiled kindly.

"If i saw a beautiful face like yours before, I would remember, but it's the first time I see you here, is it?" He asks.

"Yes, yes it is!'' I said nervously. I really don't like to go out at restaurants or stuff like this.

But this place and this man were weirdly welcoming and warm.

"Welcome to my house, feel like home and enjoy your staying" he said handing the menu to us.

The place wasn't as fancy as I thought it would be, people dressed normally having dinner or whatever they were eating.

Bon Iver was playing in the background, making me feel comfortable and like home immediately.

"So what are we ordering?" Evy asked behind her menu. "There's a lot of options here, how do they cook all these?" she was mumbling and I was just distracted by the song.

"I will have just spaghetti" I commented. "And then..."

"Earl Grey Tea with a bit of milk, yeah" Evy mocked me boringly and I rolled my eyes, she knows me so well that she even knows what I'm going to say.

"You live in Los Angeles now, not in London anymore, do you think they will even have those here? I think you're the only one in America who has that brand tea" she joked.

Evy has been my best friend for seven years, she moved with me to Los Angeles to start a new life.

Well... I moved with her to start a new life.

We've been living in California for 5 years already and a few months ago we moved to the city of angels.

"Don't be silly, I'm sure there are more people addicted to that tea" I defended my favorite tea.

"More crazy people from London who can't enjoy new things so they bring old addictions to their 'new beginnings' sure" she snorted and I rolled my eyes.

"I should've bring my bag of tea from home" I said and she snorted again.

"That would be great! Now you just need 25 cats coming out from your bag" she joked and I scowled at her.

"What do you have against cats!?" I asked, playfully looking into my bag.

"Well, I like this man" Evy said, pointing at the short man waving at us from the front door where he was greeting more people.