#29

''Why do I feel like if this is the end of something?'' Tom asked when I pulled away, with a deep sigh.

'Because maybe it is...' I thought.

''It's 3 in the morning, maybe we should go back to sleep'' I said, avoiding Tom's eyes.

''Ok, let's go'' Tom smiled, grabbing my hands and leading me back inside.

Tom and I headed to our beds, Tom was coincidentally just across my bed.

''Are you sure you're okay? Your hands are shaking'' Tom whispered to me.

''Yes, I'm good, go to sleep, people could see us'' I whispered to him as well.

''Sky'' Tom said.

''Yes, what is it?'' I asked, frustrated.

''I don't want to lose you too, I'm sorry things has to be this way'' he spoke in the darkness.

I couldn't make out his face and gladly, he couldn't make out mine either.

''I am sorry too, Tom'' I sighed, deeply.

We were both standing face to face next to my bed.

I couldn't hold it anymore, a simple touch shouldn't harm, I thought.

I raised my hands in search of Tom's face, I touched his cheeks, gently, with the tip of my fingers and the I stepped away, but he grabbed my hands and pressed his lips against the palm of my hand, for a few seconds and then leaned forward, kissing my forehead softly, without making a sound.

''This is what friends are supposed to do in the dark?'' I whispered.

I knew this was going to tear my heart apart, when we come back, I have to stay away from him.

How could I be doing this to myself?

With every kiss, with every touch and every word, my heart was getting more and more attached to him.

The more we stay together, the more I fell for him.

''Maybe...'' Tom said, I felt his lips moving against my skin, when he smiled.

I was breathing fast, almost panting.

It was taking all of my strength to not jump on him and do things I would regret later... or maybe not.

''I don't want to get hurt again'' I whisper.

''I don't want to hurt you...'' Tom says, his hand traveling down my face.

''...you're going away, I know, I can feel it'' Tom sighs.

''Right now, I'm here'' I said in the dark.

''You should stop doing that'' I said, when Tom kissed my forehead once more... even though it hurt.

''I can't help it, I never thought I would find you here, I'm just happy I did'' Tom whispered.

I sighed and leaned my head on his chest, even though I knew someone could hear us, or see us, at any moment.

''W-we, I have to sleep'' I struggled to speak.

''I can't sleep'' Tom groaned under his breath, kissing my cheek, gently.

''Tom'' I complained.

If we didn't stop now, I don't know where and how this was going to end.

And I was sure it would be something that just friends shouldn't be doing.

I pushed Tom's chest gently, gaining a groan from Tom. ''go!'' I hissed.