#42

There are always moments that put you in the time and place you're supposed to be.

But... are these the right time and right place to be right now?

"So, what do you think about all this" Harry asked after a few minutes, walking in silence to the car, after we had lunch with Jeff.

"It's quite overwhelming, to be very honest... I've always dreamed about it, but now that i'm here, i can't help but wondering, what am I doing? If is this what i really wanted"

You know that feeling when you want something so bad, but when you finally get it, you don't know what to do.

But i was not able to think about it completely, my mind drifted away from this place, it was crossing the halls from the UNICEF convention and trying to figure out what's going to happen.

"I know what you mean, at first I didn't want to make the auditions for the X Factor, i wanted to sing, yes, but i wans't sure if i wanted to do that for life" Harry said and I smiled.

At the meeting, Jeff agreed to work with me, but we were going to start with small parts, like collaborations, co-writings and featuring, before we get into the full solo career.

I was okay with that, I didn't want all the attention over me, i had enough already.

He said i had potential, coming from someone like him, representing someone like Harry, it was more than i've expected.

"It's almost time, i'll drop you off at the conference and I'll call you later, ok?" Harry asked, as we got into the car.

I just nodded and kept quiet, i had a huge knot in my throat right now, just by thinking that I wouldn't be able to avoid this moment anymore.

I had to face reality, a reality that felt like it didn't belong to me.

This was never meant to be my reality, i wanted to go back to when my reality was working on Giorgio's and hang out with my friends.

Speaking of which...

What happened to my friends?

Why aren't they picking up my calls and texting me back?

Were they mad at me because i decided to come to New York?

I bet Michael is mad at me because i'm hanging out with Harry.

If something happened to Ge, they would have called already, i hope, for their own sake, they will let me know.

"Off you go" Harry said and i snapped back to real life.

It was too soon, too quickly.

I didn't want to go outside.

I sighed...

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, leaning a bit closer to my face. "You look very pale" he pointed.

"It's just anxiety, facing a crowd, you know..." I lied... not completely though.

In fact, i was scared of big crowds, but the truth was something else.

"You'll do just wonderful, although i don't know what you're going to do in there" he frowned and i let out a small chuckle.

"I'm just going to sit there with a few other volunteers that participated in South Sudan and listen to what our leaders have to say about the journey and stuff" i explained as i stared blankly to the huge building in front of me.

Thinking about our leader made me shrink...

It's been like forever since i last saw him...

It didn't felt real anymore, i couldn't remember how it felt like to talk to him, to be near him.