#71

The flight to London was exhausting.

I sat the whole flight, yes... but my mind couldn't relax at all.

Zach was waiting for me at the airport, and couldn't wait to complain because it's been more than a year since the last time i visited.

I still couldn't convince him to visit me in California.

Even though things are cool between him and Evy.

What i really see is that he is terrified of leaving London, facing a whole new world out there even if it's just for a visit.

He often say i'm the bravest one, daring to experience new things, starting over in a new place, a new country.

The truth is, i was scared too, scared to stay here and face my life, that's why i left, i am not brave.

"What's for dinner?" I asked as we got home.

"Left overs" he said, dropping my bag.

"Charming" i joked. "I'm gonna order pizza" i said.

We spent the night talking and catching up about my new life style as a star, his words, not mines.

"The fact that your songs are playing in the radio, even one radio station, that's a big deal" he tries to cheer me up.

"It's our team that sent them my single to play"

"And they played it, there is people that already liked it!"

"There are" i corrected him.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"There are people, not, there is" i try to argue.

"Whatever, there are this song i liked"

"There is... ugh, never mind" i gave up.

It wasn't a big deal, but i was happy to know that there's this small group of people out there, that actually likes the songs i wrote.

The next morning, i woke up early and got ready to see Nicky, she texted me and told me she was waiting for me in the Gallery.

We ate breakfast as we read some documents and signed a lot of them, i was late with some paperwork and spent the whole day catching up and updating everything.

We've been planning this whole year to host our very first exhibition to raise funds and donate the money.

We talked with the Red Nose organisation and a few others about this.

"That was quite a day, huh" Nicky joked when we left the building, it was already dark, we didn't even noticed the sun setting, we had take outs for lunch and we only stopped when both of us started to feel dizzy for so much thinking and planning.

"That's what i get for procrastinating for so long, i had to--"

"Skylar? Skylar! right?" A woman approached us, out of nowhere.

Where have i seen this wom... oh my god.

No she's not.

No way.

"I'm Emma, do you remember me?"

Crap.

Don't say it.

"Tom's sister?" She insists.

She said it.

"Emma!" I smiled awkwardly, eying Nicky uncomfortably. "Hi, so nice to meet you again" i lied.