#20

As soon as she said 'Go', I ran at the door and slammed it open, hurrying to the elevator.

I'm late.

I'm late.

I'm late.

That was all I could think about.

I was running late.

Whatever he could say, even if it was a 'goodbye, see you next time', it would be enough for me.

It would be something.

It would be a goodbye for me.

It would be mine.

My heart was beating so fast.

What if he left earlier?

What if he waited until the end and then I didn't come and he had to go, disappointed that I wasn't there?

Why would he even wait until the end for me, after all?

What if he's not there?

What if he already thought I wouldn't come and he just showed up to say bye to Georgio and then he left?

Maybe he already forgot about the letter?

No he wouldn't.

Wouldn't he?

The possibilities are endless.

With all those 'what if's' I ran to my car, parked in the garage and drove the few minutes from my home to Georgio's, with thousands of questions and doubts.

What am I going to say if he's still there?

What is he going to say if he's still there?

What does this mean?

I squished hard the tiny doll between my hands and the wheel.

I don't even know why I kept the toy in my hands this whole time during the trip.

A red light forced me to stop, giving me 60 seconds to complain and yell at the red light.

''Come on, stupid light! Give me the damn green light!'' I shouted from my seat.

As soon as the lights turned to green I pressed the pedal, speeding up.

The tires cried against the concrete.

I almost crashed with another car and the man shouted a few very not nice words at me, I cursed myself, for being so irresponsible on the road.

The wheels screamed a bit when I stopped abruptly in front of Georgio's.

Before I could stop the engines, I saw Liam hoping into someone's car.

''Liam! Wait! Wait!'' I shouted but he didn't turn back.

I yelled at him from my window, but he was already inside and didn't listen.

I groaned and turned off my car.

I got out and ran at the front door.

Everything was dark.

It was closed.

There were no signs of human life inside and outside the restaurant, besides my own beating heart.

It was late.

It was too late.

I sighed heavily and tried not to cry.

At least I had the note.