#43

You remember the scene where Harry Potter gets Sorted by the Goblet of Fire? To be one of the champions?

Well, that was exactly the image.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, just imagine an awkward moment. That'll do it.

This is not happening.

This is not happening!

Please, don't!

I'm pretty sure my fear and desperation are plastered in my face.

"Come on!" Tom encourages me to stand up.

I wasn't reacting.

My brain just forgot how to make my body move.

Sophie tugged my arm abruptly.

I jump from my chair, without knowing exactly what to do.

Tom steps back to give me some space, he was smiling happily, with one of his arms open at me.

He placed his hands on my back and leaded me to the front.
I wanted to curse this man, i wanted to have the power to dissapear, or make everyone else disappear.

"Skylar Williams, everyone" Tom announced giving me a comforting smile and going back to his seat.

Everyone's attention was focused on me.

And i was just praying I wouldn't have a panic attack.

What am i gonna say? I couldn't make out a speech this fast.

I don't know if seconds or minutes passed, but i was still standing there, without opening my mouth.

Now people started to whisper to each other, making me feel more nervous.

I felt someone approaching me from behind, warm breath against the skin of my neck.

"Remember the speech we wrote that night?" Tom whispered into my ears.

The only thing i remember from that night was the urge i had to kiss him, my self-control at its highest, stopping me from doing inappropriate things.

I denied, incapable to speak.

"It's all here, love" he whispers, pointing at a set of cards in front of me in the podium.

Damn it, Hiddleston, how can you expect me to give a speech when you drop that word in my ears.

I was weak near him.

He squished my arms and left my side.

Clearing my throat a bit too loud, i read the first lines of the speech he had prepared.

I looked up, at the crowd waiting impatiently.

"Good evening, thank you for coming, firt of all, i'd like to say i'm honoured to be in this project..." i kept reading the cards, it was all i've said that night on the tent, next to Tom.

Everyone listened, their faces changed once i recovered my eloquence and started to speak properly.

It was a new experience.

Everything, speaking in front of people, the trip to volunteer at South Sudan, working with new people, acknowledging the situation outside our little bubles, Tom...

After half an hour, i finished my speech, i even said a few more words that came to mind besides the cards.

Everyone clapped for minutes.

Someone else took the lead after finished, i was not able to focus anymore.

I caught a glimpse of Tom, looking at me, but i didn't see much, i was in a trance.