#35

I couldn't stop thinking that people were indeed talking about me and someone such as Luke Windsor, was aware of my existence and worst, he thought i was a threat for Tom's career and why not... his life.

"Well, what is it with you?" Zach asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

I glanced suspiciously at my brother, which was staring at me, the same way.

"Look... I really don't want to push your buttons, but I'm your brother, and I know you... I want to know what's going on in your head and your life" Zach said and I looked away.

I hated when he got too brotherly and perceptive...

His intense concerned face made me want to cry and let all my problems out.

That's why i hated this side of him, because i know he can make me talk.

"It's about Hiddleston?" He asked and I flinched, closing my eyes, briefly.

I never thought that just hearing his name, could cause me such pain.

I was convinced i could get over it... him.

But the more i tried, the harder it was to take him out my mind.

"It's not about him... it's about me, being his friend... sort of" I murmured.

Just then i started to think, how many good girls and potentially good dates Luke could have scared away from Tom?

How many chances to be with someone and be happy he must have lost because of that horrendous publicist.

On Tom's behalf.

Luke kept him single and away from everything and everyone.

"Fans are being mean with you, is that it? He asked, concerned.

'Fans are cute little puppies, comparing to Luke' I thought.

"No... but they will be, if they aren't being already, I'm sure they are, but I didn't check out yet... and I'm scared to do so" I said.

I've been on this road before, having friends like Michael and the the other boys, you manage to deal with them, eventually.

This sure was stressing me as well, but not as much as worrying about Georgio's health.

"I had and it's not terrifying, to be honest, they don't know you and that would be one of the reasons they are talking and also, one of the reasons they are not, I figured that there's two kind of fans" Zach said, calmly. "They would love you as much as i do, if they do get to know you, the thing is that, they don't want to get to know you, because they won't have excuses to hate you" he said, smiling.

It made sense, to be honest.

But the fans were the least of my problems right now.

"That's very comforting" I snorted.

"You're welcome" he grinned proudly and left the living room.

"I'm leaving tomorrow! What are we doing tonight?" I shouted from the couch to my brother, whom was making some noises on the kitchen, looking for something.

Even though I wasn't the type to 'do something' at nights, I was looking forward to have a great last night with the friends I made and my brother.

"l was thinking we could go to Humble Grape and drink something with your friends" Zach shouted back from the kitchen. "And you could use this" He said coming back from the kitchen, with a little black box in his hand.

"What is it?" I asked sceptically.

Zach just smiled and held the little box in front of me.

I took the box from his hands and analysed the object In my hands, before opening it.

"You know damn well that I don't like surprises and people spending money on me" I warned to my brother.

"Well then, you can relax, because I didn't spend a single coin on this" Zach smirked.

I opened the box and stared inside it, without uttering a word.

With my pale and thin fingers, I lifted the silver chain and stared with my eyes and mouth wide open at it and to my brother.

"Zach... this is... is this...?" I stuttered.

"From Grandma, yes" Zach nodded. "I don't have the pendant, because she took it with her to the grave" He said, sighing melancholically.

3 years ago, Zach called Skylar, informing her that their only Grandmother, has passed to a better life. She passed away while she was in the hospital, but before she was gone, she asked Zach to give that chain to Skylar and half of her fortune.

The other half was left to Zach, since they were the only grandchildren she had.

"Why you're giving me this, Zach?" I asked in almost a whisper, tears threatening to fall.

"It was her other wish before she passed away" Zack answered.

"Why now? why do you have it?" I insisted.

"She made me promise I would give you personally, l'm sorry for giving you like this, but I think it was the right moment" Zach answered, apologetically.

"Oh my God" I whispered, staring at the silver chain.

Tears poured down my cheeks now, I covered my mouth with my hands and closed my eyes, tightly.

I was still trying to forgive myself for not being there, when my Grandma's last day came.

I was planning on flying to London to visit her on the hospital, but before I could, Zach already called, saying that she was no more between them.

"I'm so sorry, l'm so sorry, Mamma" I repeated over and over again in a muffed voice.

"Aw... Monkey" Zach said and hugged me. "It's okay, it's okay"

"Zach, I wish l would have been here, you can't imagine how heavy is this guilt" I cried, holding tight in my fist, the silver chain.

"Do you think she wouldn't like to see you this way, blaming yourself for something you couldn't control? Do it for her, you don't have to blame yourself like this, please" my brother talked calmly.

I shook my head, trying to stop crying. "Someday... now please put this around my neck" I asked my brother and handed the jewel to him.

It was simple and shiny, the pendant was with my Grandmother and the chain was with me.

We were apart, but together at the same time...

...

"Cancelled? Oh God, that's not good" He protested, rubbing his face in frustration. "Why?" he asked.

"They said they found some abnormalities and for the sake of everyone, they decided to cancel it, until it gets fixed, we are very sorry for all the inconvenient, Sir" The man behind the counter, apologized.

"Abnormalities!" He complained in a whisper.

"Man, I was supposed to take this tonight!" He complained to himself.

"We've arranged some spots for the next one, if you'd like" The man offered.

"When?"

"Tomorrow morning" The man answered, nervously.

"Tom, what happened?" Luke asked, next to him.