#15

''Sky!'' Evy mumbled from afar.

''Not... today!'' I said, against my pillow.

''Wake up!'' she insisted.

''I said... not... today!'' I groaned.

''Come on! You can't sleep forever!'' she complained.

''Watch me'' I murmured.

That's what I got for no sleeping the whole night.

''What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be working?'' I asked, now realizing she was in my room and not in the office.

''Are you serious?'' she asked, amused. ''It's 5...''

''Yes! You should be going to work right now!'' I groaned again.

''...of evening'' she said and my eyes widened.

''Are you fucking kidding me!?'' I yelled and jumped from bed, pushing Evy aside.

I checked my phone and indeed, was 5 pm.

But this could be a prank by her, changing the time all the clocks.

Right?

''No, no, no!'' I whined.

''What did you miss? Sleeping beauty'' Evy teased.

There were 5 missed calls from Liam and one missed call from a blocked number.

I ignored the blocked number and called Liam immediately.

''Hi KY!'' Liam said happily.

''Why are you answering your phone? Aren't you in your shift?'' I asked and he laughed.

''I just got to the bathroom'' he laughed cheekily.

''Wait... gotta call Ge!'' I teased and he laughed sarcastically.

''Fucker!'' he muttered and now I was the one laughing.

''Now tell me why the 5 missed calls!?'' I asked.

Please don't tell me Tom was there; please don't tell me Tom was there, please, please.

''Oh... well, Ge wanted to talk to you'' he said.

''Did he tell you what was it? Is he okay?'' I said worried.

''Yes! He's like... usual? And no, he didn't tell me what he wanted, are you busy to come right now?'' he asked.

''I'll be there'' I said and hung up.

''What was that mantra about?'' Evy asked when I started to change my clothes.

Damn it, seems like I said it out loud.

''Well, since Tom told me that we should lunch one of these days, instead of coffee, I didn't want to miss it and now I fell asleep the whole day and I thought he would go today!'' I explained and Evy rolled her eyes.

''Look, I know it's Tom and everything, but woman, you can't do this!'' she exclaimed. ''You're taking this way too seriously, you said it was just a lunch!'' she said and I sighed.

''I know! I have to go, Ge wanted to talk to me'' I said and left the room.

She's right, I won't let my anxiety take control over me because of a lunch.

''Take care!'' Evy shouted from my room when I was going downstairs.

This morning when I couldn't sleep I've decided that I wouldn't accept any more gifts from unknown persons.