#37

Zach grabbed my hand and pulled me closer, walking toward the front door, leaving a sad looking Josh, behind.

I was In shock, what did just happen? I wondered.

I've never seen him this furious before, he was practically spitting fire from his eyes.

I knew he was a protective brother, i felt safe with him, but also, he never had to protect me from someone before, until tonight.

Fortunately, we were in a crowded place, because if we were alone, i don't know if i would be safe by now, and if if wasn't crowded, i don't know if Josh would have been safe either, seeing my brother's eyes tonight, i could have been bad.

I didn't have enough time to realize what happened, because my brother was practically dragging me out, since I seemed to forget how to walk.

Sophie and Nicky were talking on the sidewalk, when Zach and I approached them.

"There you are!" Sophie squealed, excited. "I was talking with your friend here, Nicky, and guess what!? We were neighbours when we were kids! In my hometown! That's such a coincidence, don't you think?" Sophie said excitedly.

I was in a blank space.

Incapable to form a sentence.

But Zach nudged my arm and that helped me to go back to normality.

Sort of...

"That's great" i faked a smile.

"Well, we have to go, she needs to relax before the flight, you know, she can get a little unbearable when it comes to airplanes" Zach hurried.

"Oh, you're right, it was a good night, have a safe travel" Sophie said.

"I will miss you, see you around, girls and take care, please" I say as I hug Sophie and Nicky.

"Wait, where's Josh?" Sophie asks, all of a sudden.

"He's in the bathroom, we already said goodbye" Zach interrupted and glanced at me, who just nodded.

"Okay then... until next time" I waved at them and walked with my brother, until we reached the parked car.

We were both quiet when we got inside of the car.

"I don't even need to ask what was all that about" Zach finally broke the tension.

"What do you mean?" I asked, astonished.

God knows what's going on inside his head right now.

"This guy, I don't blame him, but I will rip his face off if I ever see him near you again, understood?" Zach asked and I sighed.

"I don't get it" I said, more to myself than to my brother.

"It's obvious, though, he likes you, that's clear but... he, like me, and I suppose your friends too, he knows how much you like Tom and it kills him to think that Tom likes you too and Tom could have you, the way he would like to have you, every jealous person thinks that the other person he likes deserves better, in this case, Josh thinks he's better than Tom, mind him, so he's kind of pissed off that you are wasting your time around, when you could be with him, instead, I saw that the first time we met, he thought I was your date and he was about to glare at me to death until you said I was your brother, these kind of people could be dangerous, I would like you to take care and try to keep your distance from now on" Zach said and stared at me, I was playing nervously with my fingers, resting on my lap.

"I thought we were friends, God!" I whined.

We got home in silent and I headed to my room, immediately.