#66

"Get the door!" Zach shouted from the kitchen, he was making late dinner for us, while Liam and I were playing Call of Duty on the PS5 Zach bought months ago.

"Damn it, Liam! You're supposed to flank my back, they are shooting at me!" I yelled at Liam, ignoring my brother.

"Well, guess what, they are shooting at me too!" He yelled back. "Get behind the wall, now!" He instructed.

"Don't you hear what i just said!?" Zach came from the kitchen, glaring at us.

"What?" Both Liam and I answered at the same time, our eyes focused on the TV.

"Ugh, you two!" he groaned and disappeared to open the door.

I heard him talking to someone and my brain told me to be wary, just in that moment, my character got kill and we both groaned, frustrated.

We got up and i went to see who was at the door.

"NO. WAY!" I gasped at the sight of Evy, standing at the lobby. "Oh my God! What are you doing here?" I asked and approached her with a tight hug.

"I wanted to surprise you" he smiled.

"You sure did!" I squealed.

Zach stood there, watching.

"I'm sorry for coming over without asking" she smiled apologetically, glancing awkwardly at my brother.

Damn, these two will never be the same.

"It's okay!" I assured her. "It's okay, right?" I asked, narrowing my eyebrow at Zach.

"Oh, yeah! No problem" he mumbled.

"Come on in! Liam is in the living room" i said, dragging her with me.

Zach closed the door, distracted, and followed us cautiously.

Evy walked to the living room and hugged Liam.

"Would you stop acting weird?" I whispered at Zach, standing next to me, watching Evy as she talked with Liam.

"I can't help it, it's been more than 5 years since the last time i even spoke to her and now she shows up at my door without warning!" He hissed.

"It's my fault, i called her days ago and told her what happened, she must have thought i'd need to talk, and i do! So stop being like that, would you? Grow a pair!" I scolded him and walked toward my friends.

Zach didn't say anything and went back to the kitchen, to finish making dinner.

"Why you came alone? And Luke?" I asked when i sat next to her on the sofa.

"I wanted to come alone, i thought it was going to be awkward enough with me being here, bringing Luke would be beyond uncomfortable, for all of us" she says, glancing at the kitchen.

"I understand, i'm really happy you came, how long are you staying?" I asked.

"Just for one day or two" she shrugged.

"That's too bad! It would be great to come back to California together, this one falls asleep the minute we get into the plane" i pointed at Liam, he was concentrated in his GTA game.

"Let's go to your room, we need to catch up" she urged, leading me to my own room.

Nicky joined later and we had a slumber party after 15 years.

The boys were not allowed to sneak in.

We talked about all our dirty secrets.

Not that we already didn't know, but we had some new ones to share.