#31

"Wake up, sleepy head" I heard someone saying.

"...but why not? I thought you said you'd help me out, though!" someone else said, a man's voice. He sounded flustered.

"Not now, she will hear you, shut up!'' the female voice retorted.

"Then when...''

"Never, she's different, she's... not for you, and... she's my friend" the girl said, concernedly.

"But I'm your co...''

"Get out, now!" the girl warned menacingly.

I heard someone walking away.

"Skylar, wake up, we've got to work, you're ten minutes late!"

I opened my eyes widely and jumped out of bed in a move that even Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow would be proud of.

"I'm up! I'm... up" I felt dizzy, because of the sudden move and fell back on the bed, confused. "Wow! that was a bad move" I said, shaking my head.

"Ok, that's what you get for staying up late fonduing with your leader... again, third round you'll get caught" Sophie said and dragged me out of the tent.

"Wait, wait... wait! What did you just say?" I asked, stopping when we got out of the tent.

"You know damn well what I mean, did you know that these things are made of cloth, don't you?" Sophie asked, grabbing the material of the tent. "Whoever who was awake that night, would've seen you both, walking in the shadows out there and coming back later, did you both kissed right next to me? you pervert!" Sophie teased with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Oh my God!" I gasped, my cheeks turning dark red. "I didn't... we were just... we didn't kiss! Sophie, we didn't do anything!" I stuttered.

"Do not explain yourself, you don't own me anything, just... be careful, okay?" Sophie said.

"Sophie, we didn't kiss! but thank you, I'll be careful, I really don't want people to know about this" I sighed.

"I'm not talking about people, I'm talking about you, be careful with... this" Sophie said and pointed right into my chest, where my heart was beating, desperately.

"Oh..." It's all I could say.

"Yeah... now let's go!" Sophie called and joined the group, where the daily morning speech, before the day starts, was being given.

"... I would like to thank all of you who have come to help, the situation in south Sudan is critic, some areas have been declared with famine and we're doing all we can to fight against it, with donations and volunteering services, some of you will come back home today, some others will come back after a week and some of us will stay here and keep fighting for these children, I just want to say I am deeply thankful to everyone who came, please share your experience and encourage others to help if they feel they're able to, share and spread concern about the situation here" said the man in front of them.

Tom was standing in front of his team and slowly turned his head back to find me eyes.

I looked away from him, staring at my feet like the coward I was.

"The airplane that will take you home, will be here in ten hours so... you still have time to do some more'' explained the man with a smile and then walked away.

"Let's go!" I said, grabbing Sophie's arm and dragging her out of the group.

I didn't want to talk with Tom anymore.

"Where are we going?" Sophie asked.

"Oh... school, I thought we should visit the kids and give them a good time talking and playing with them" I said, while Sophie walked next to me.