#21

''Tom! please don't go!'' I yelled and ran after him but he already got into his car and drove away.

This can't be happening.

I thought this wasn't real.

How can I be sure this wasn't a dream?

I wonder how can he just do that and walk away.

What was he thinking?

He thought that I would be okay?

I walk back to the restaurant, shaking and nervous.

My anxiety is taking all of me.

I take a deep breath and lean against the closed doors for a moment to recover, I didn't even know what time it was.

It was about midnight when I left the apartment.

I knows I can't drive in this state.

I can't even think properly right now.

I stare at my hands and see that the numbers are starting to fade away because of my sweating hands, so i start to panic.

''No, no, no! I can't lose this!'' I whined and walked to my car, looking for some pen and paper, but I found nothing.

''Skylar Williams?'' someone asks out of nowhere and i gasped, hitting my head against the car roof.

''Who are you?'' I asked when i saw the tall and blonde man, standing next to my car.

With one hand, she was searching for the pepper spray she keeps in the glove box.

''Please do not be scare'' he says quietly, making me furrow my eyebrows.

''I said... who... are you!'' I muttered.

''I am Luke Windsor... and I'm here to talk with you about Tom'' he introduced himself and everything fell into place.

This is the man I saw sitting right here drinking coffee alone!

Staring and observing me.

He's the Luke...

Liam told me his name and I didn't realize it was him.

The man behind every moves Tom makes.

Why he's here stalking me instead of being with Tom? I wondered, mentally.

''Miss Williams, are you alright?'' he asked when I didn't say a word.

''Why you were watching me that day at the restaurant?'' I asked, daringly, ignoring his question.

''I was trying to know who are you'' he answered and I scowled.

''Wouldn't have been easier if you talked to me?'' I asked in disbelief.

''I had my reasons, I've been looking after you, Miss Williams'' he said politely and Skylar snorted, briefly.

''I see... now what would you like to say to me?'' I asked, nervously.

There's not a good reason for this talk.

I can feel it on my skin.

''I need to ask you something... for Tom's sake and yours''

After an hour sitting in my car and crying, it felt like the tears crawling in my skin were burning my heart.

The numbers on my hands faded away...

I washed them when she got home, between sobs.

Evy asked me what happened.

I couldn't tell her.