#49

The sound of life, the sound of happiness.

It can be found in the most meaningless of moments.

In the less meaningful time.

It can be hard to identify.

Only when love lives in your heart you will be capable to recognize.

It was the big day, he finished dressing up and fixed his tie in front of the mirror.

"How do I look" he asked.

The man behind him nodded in approbation.

An invitation inside a black envelope lied upon the table.

A black car waited patiently outside the hotel.

"Ready?" Luke asked.

"Not really" Tom sighed.

Luke rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

"She's waiting for you"

"Clearly"

Both man walked downstairs, dressed with their fancy suits and expensive ties.

"I thought you wouldn't come!" A woman with an also expensive red dress exclaimed from the lobby.

"I thought the same about you" Tom whispered to himself. "You look gorgeous" he complimented her.

Indeed, she did looked beautiful, but was just how she had to be.

It wasn't natural.

No matter how much he spend time with her, it was never the same.

4 months 'going out' was just getting exhausting and dragging too much attention toward him, he didn't like that, distracting him from his life, from work, even though this 'relationship' was about work.

The plan was to 'click' with the blind date Luke settled him up with.

And he wasn't even enjoying any of it, he felt guilty about the thought but, she was exasperating.

Superficial.

"I have here your schedule for tonight, interviews, red carpet at this time, after dinner and before the red carpet, you have to stop by these spots, you need to change your outfit twice before the event and here you need to go onstage to present an award"

Luke placed the schedule on Tom's pocket and leaded them to the car waiting outside.

As usual, a group of photographers were waiting for them outside, flashing their cameras on his face, blinding him for a few seconds.

He smiled even though they were about to push him down.

He missed the old times when he walked alone and no one cared about what breakfast he was having that morning.

Luke, helped them to get thru the people and into the car.

"Stick to your schedule, I will be right behind you" Luke said and got into another black car.

"Of course you will" Tom said, quietly.

In the car, they were silent, Taylor kept digging in her phone, ignoring him completely, laughing and staring at her phone's screen.

She was fine, her hair was bright blonde, but not like the soft dirty blonde smelling like roses he liked.

Her lips were covered with a deep red lipstick, but not like the natural soft pink he craved.

Her eyes were light blue, but not like the bright grey he missed.

Her perfume was strong and overwhelming, but not like the breath taking essence of heaven emanating from her body that he desired.