Mine

"I'll be right back." Shawn said kissing my cheek. He walked upstairs to go and get the board game Monopoly. I smiled and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

Travis Smith wants to send you a message. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion, why would my ex want to send me a text. I decided to open it just to see what he said.

Travis_78- Hey, Y/N would you like to get dinner some time?

My jaw dropped. This boy had the nerve to text me and ask me out when he knows that I have a boyfriend. "I'm back." I looked up and saw Shawn with an adorable smile on his face. I turned off my phone and looked at Shawn. "Where were we?" I asked. "Uh," he paused and looked down at the table, his eyebrows were knitted together as he thought about our recent conversation. "Oh, you were telling me about how you cut your hair to the scalp on school picture day." Shawn remembered. (A/N no lie, this actually happened to me.) "Okay, so I tried to part my hair to where it would hide it, but-." My phone vibrated against the table. Shawn looked at my phone and back at me. "Aren't you going to check it?" He asked rolling the dice. I shook my head, "Nah, it's probably just a text saying I used all my data." I lied and watched him move the his character. I hate lying to him, but I know if he finds out about this he'll freak.

Shawn nodded and crossed his arms on the table. He leaned forward and waited for me to finish my story, "anyway, so the whole parting it idea didn't work, because the patch of hair stood straight up. A couple weeks later I got my school pictures back and I looked like a rooster." Shawn and I both laughed. "This is the piece of hair." I said pulling a strain of  Y/C/H (A/N your color hair) and showed Shawn. "Bet you didn't cut your hair anymore after that." Shawn said laughing. "Well," I said before I rolled the dice. "You would loose that bet." Shawn's eyes went wide. "You cut your hair again?" Before I could answer my phone went off again. I tried to ignore it and continue with my story, but it wouldn't stop going off. I turned off vibrate and the volume. I put my phone down on the table and listened to Shawn's crazy fan stories. "That when I ran out of the tour bus." Shawn said. "Out of all the things you could've done, you ran?" I said laughing. "Well, I didn't know what else to do. She could of tackled me our something." I laughed.

"I'll be right back." I said getting up from the hardwood floor and walking to the bathroom. I did my business and went to wash my hands when I realized I left my phone downstairs, face up. I quickly washed my hands and ran downstairs. I turned the corner and saw Shawn's face lit up with the light off my phone screen. His eyes moved as he read his messages. "Shawn I-." Shawn looked up at me with sadness and anger. "Travis?" He asked hurt. "Shawn it's not what you think." I said honestly. "Oh so he's not asking you to go on a date with him, so he can abuse you again?" Shawn asked walking over to me. "Shawn he asked me too, but I ignored him because I love you and only you." I explained. Shawn's face softened, but turned red. "You lied to me." Shawn said in disbelief. "Shawn I knew that if you found out you would be mad at me." Shawn's eyebrows knitted together, "I wouldn't of been mad at you, you didn't tell him you would go out with him or anything. It's just that you lied to me." Shawn said shaking his head in disappointment.

"Just like you lied to me that you have to go on tour a month when really you leave in a week."  I covered my mouth and my eyes went wide. Shawn's face went pale and his eyes softened, "H-How did you know?" He stuttered. "I heard your conversation with Andrew last week." I admitted. Shawn looked at me ashamed, "I'm sorry, I just didn't want to tell you since I just got back home." "I'm sorry too, I should of told you that Travis was texting me, I just didn't want you to be angry." I said. He pulled me into a hug and wrapped his arms around me. "I'm so glad that you're mine." Shawn said as his chin rested on my shoulder. I sighed into his chest knowing that I need to cherish this moment before he leaves again.