3

<><><><><><>

'Have you even shown him how to drift properly?'

'What's the fun in that?'

<><><><><><>

People moved away from her car as Blake Toretto pulled up at the carpark to fulfil Takashi's deal. She drove over the middle of the building where she knew Takashi would be, it was obvious from the music blasting from someone's speakers and the crowd that had been drawn. She revved her engine once more before turning off her car and getting out to talk to Takashi, who was indeed in the middle of the crowd.

'Ah if it isn't Blake Toretto, what a pleasure,' The man chided.

Blake nodded her head in recognition as she chewed her gum, leaning against the hood of her car she began talking to different people who inquired about it. She watched for some sort of sign or signal from Takashi to tell her that the guy she was to race was in the building, but was interrupted by her best friend who had attacked her in a bear hug.

'Hey Twink,' She laughed.

'Hey Blakey,' He called back.

He flung his arm over the girls shoulders and began blabbering on about his day, Blake tuned out as she checked back in with Takashi who nodded at her. He motioned to the man heading towards the group, her eyes moving over him. He was tall, looked as though he was in his late thirties and was kinda familiar, but he gave off a bad vibe. She studied him in a way only Han would, a habit she had learnt from him whilst doing jobs. Blake smirked, she would win this fair and square, despite the uneasiness in her stomach. She quietly told Twink it was time for her race, before walking over and standing next to Takashi to find out the game plan.

'What's the plan, Ta?' she asked quietly.

'I'll do the talking, all you have to do, Bee, is race and win. Now, come on, look like you wanna be here,' He replied.

The girl rolled her eyes, she knew how it all went as she placed her arm on Takashi's shoulder and he placed his arm around her waist, pulling her close. She had done it many times before, raced Takashi's clients in order for him to win some money or a car he liked; she had to do it in order to protect her family. It was rare to see Takashi race these days, he only did it when he was seriously provoked and could be bothered.

'Hey man, how about, uh, we have race? Two grand each, winner takes all?' The man was nervous and it made the pair smirk.

'What's your name?' Takashi spat.

'Uh, Alex Shaw?' He spoke as though it was a question.

'Well Alex, how about we do one better? You race my girl here for pinks?' He smirked as he motioned to Blake.