chapter 63 New Song

Taylor POV.

"Ed I'm heading out to go get coffee with a friend." I was anxious to be honest.

"Alright I'm actually heading out tonight I have a show to do in Chicago." He tells me. Oh no why does he have to leave. I'm just afraid that I what if while he's gone... Connor decides to pull something. stop Taylor you can't think like that.

"Just hurry back as soon as you can."  I kiss him goodbye.

and with that I left to a cafe near by my LA home.

There he was I saw Connor sitting down looking as casual as ever. I greet him thinking that I was late but he nicely said he was early. He pulls out my chair for me. 'Thank you' I give him a smile.  We Order our coffee. 'So what's up.' I say like no big deal but, really I was a bit nervous just because I had feelings for connor and they never really went away. 'I'm just glad to see you... say, when did u cut your hair?' he asks grabbing a strand of it across the table.

'Right around the time I got back from Australia.'

'Is this too awkward for you... your acting a bit shy...' He asks not knowing that I wasn't really being shy I just had all this stuff going on in my mind at once.

'No , its just the last time I saw you we ---.' he interrupts  'had a thing... I know... That's kind of what I want to talk about.'  Connor Ended up talking Bout how much he's missed Me and I'm all he thinks about. I wanted to tell him to not talk about it but , it was flattering. Then we talked about casual stuff he asked questions about music and some how James Taylor popped up. He laughed at my joke that wasn't funny at all , or at least it wasn't to me.  I was going to bring up Ed but then his started to talk about his family so I just didn't bring him up.

'Say what's that on your finger.' He points out I put my other hand over it.

'A ring.' I say.

'Are you?... To Ed.' He asks very quietly.

'Yes....' I say. he was shocked.

'that's.... I'm happy for you Taylor.... I really am...' he sounded hurt. I couldn't believe what I was seeing... Connor getting emotional. Before I left the cafe there's just one question I needed to know. so as were walking out I asked him. 'Connor... do you still love me?' I asked. I had to know I thought that maybe his love for me faded .

'Always.' he says gentle.

'Have a nice wedding Taylor.... I'm happy for you.' He leans down and kisses my cheek slowly I let my hand linger on his arm as he walks away.

*

*

*

*

'Meredith.... You little cat I missed you.' I pick her up and we walk to the living room. I took off my Ring because I just felt weird wearing it. I set it down on the table. I'm petting mer as I get a tune stuck in my head I was thinking about Connor. I know I'm not leaving ed but I should at least write the song that magically appeared in my head. I set Meredith down still humming the tune so I don't for get it and grab my guitar and paper and pencil.

'You said you never met one girl who has as many James Taylor records as you but I do. You throw your head back laughing like a little kid. On a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again. But for the first what's past is past.'

I just wrote down ideas that I will later put into lyrics and re arrange them to form notes. I set my guitar down and pic up the ring I spin it around in my hand just looking at it.

'What do you think meredith? is this right?' I ask her as if maybe she could respond but she didn't.

'is Ed really the One?... I'm still young I think... I of course love him, But.... Do I ?' I say to my self.

To be continued...

part one of my SWEERAN fiction is completed

.