Mello

Rod and Jack got up to leave, formally bidding Mello goodbye. "Just go." He told them.

"Y/N, the bar is closing now." Matt told me.

"What?! But I only just got here!"

"We've been here hours. You've been busy getting to know Mello. Time flies when you're having fun." He winked at me. "Mello, go and settle the bill."

Mello glanced at me and left.

"So Y/N, what do you think of Mello?"

"He's amazing. So nice."

Matt chuckled. "You see Y/N, the thing is, Mello's kind of a big deal around here. He's very driven and holds a lot of power. And he's not usually described as nice. Well that's because he's not usually nice. I don't know what you did but he seems quite taken with you."

"Must be my Irish charm."

"Probably. But I wanted to warn you just in case..." He trailed off as Mello returned.

"What was that?" Mello asked.

"I was just complimenting her Irish charm." Matt said.

"I love her Irish charm and wit." Mello agreed. "A toast to the Irish. She sure can drink. I'm Russian so I can drink too."

"I love Russian men! Ok, well Russian anime men. I've never known a Russian man before."

"Well now you do!" Mello exclaimed. "Am I your first friend here?"

"No, the barman was my first friend here."

"I'm jealous." Mello frowned.

"Well, you're my favourite friend." I told him and he smiled again.

"Ok you two, it's time to leave." Matt told us.

"But I'm not ready to stop drinking. I'm not leaving. It's not time yet, America never changed it clocks."

Matt almost fell off his chair laughing, though Mello nodded in agreement with me.

"Change the clocks, change the clocks!" Mello and I chanted.

"Oh my god! Get out before we're barred."

"But I don't want to go home. The night is still young." I declared.

"Then come home with me." Mello offered.

Matt quickly interrupted.
"You can stay in ours if you wish. It's just us two and I'll call you a cab at any time if you don't feel ok, or I can do that now. Whatever you feel comfortable with."

"I forget where I live anyway."