Scars

When I woke up a few hours later, Mello was still at my side. Matt nodded over at me.

"Hey Y/N. I was just going to my room to play video games. Mello will look after you."

He left and Mello asked if I needed anything.

"Yes. True love's kiss."

"Huh?"

"Like Sleeping Beauty?" He just stared at me. "Never mind. I'm ok thanks."

He smiled shyly. "Well you are a beauty."

I sat up and let him move to sit in close beside me.

"I want to tell you. About this." He gestured at his face. "And I don't want to ask either, but you mentioned having scars too. Are you at least ok?"

"I guess. They're old self harm scars. But I haven't done that in a long while so don't worry."

He put his arm around me.

"Thank you for telling me. I'm glad you don't do that anymore. I did this to myself too. Not to self harm, it was just I needed to get out of a bad situation so I kind of blew myself up."

I just looked at him.

"I'm serious."

I burst out laughing.

"Wow, I'm sorry, just, that must have been some situation."

"Yeah, it was." He laughed a little too.

"But that's kind of brilliant though. I mean, your dedication. To do that. You're really something. Certainly a way to get out of whatever it was." I laughed again. "You're like a mad genius. In a nice way."

He grinned, delighted. "Well I actually am a genius. Literally."

"I wouldn't doubt it. But please don't do that again. I'm so glad you got out alive. But I think that's the kind of thing you should probably only do once."

He broke out laughing. "You're fucking amazing. You just took that completely in your stride."

"Well I've seen a lot of crazy things in my time."

"Me too. But I've never liked anyone before. Matt's my best friend but I just tolerate those other guys. And I've definitely never liked anyone the way I like you. I've never even kissed anyone."

"Well then, it's about time you did."

I leaned in and kissed him. I stopped after a minute to check he was ok.

He smiled and pulled me closer.

"Kiss me again."