Crying

Matt pov

I was playing a game in the sitting room when I heard Mello crying in his room. I got up and knocked on his door.

"Mello, can I come in?"

"Ok."

I went in and sat on the bed beside him. He was under the covers with his face in the pillow. I just rubbed his back gently until he stopped crying.

"I hate her. I hate her!" He spoke angrily, then started crying again. I waited until he stopped and turned to look at me. He looked so sad and lost.

"You know you don't hate her, Mello. You're angry because you miss her and you're hurting. She would never have meant to hurt you though. We can't know or understand why she did it, which makes it harder. And we never will. It's ok to feel what you feel, but don't stay angry at her. You love her."

"Why can't I just forget her, and then it wouldn't hurt anymore?"

"You can't forget her, and you shouldn't. She was too important to you."

"We were special."

"Yes, and you always will be, even though she's gone."

"Do you know my very favourite thing about her? You know how we never really had a childhood in Wammy's House, it was all study and pressure. Well I felt she finally gave me a childhood. She was so fun and loved doing silly things, like her little songs and dances. She had one for every occassion. She made me laugh."

He was sitting up now and smiling.

"I know. It was so nice to see you smiling properly."

"Yeah. I'll be ok now Matt. Thanks."

I hugged him and left.