Near

Y/N pov

Near let me straight in and I sat on the couch and just cried. He didn't say or ask anything, just sat with me and made me tea.

"I put extra sugar in it cos I can see you're in shock. It's meant to help. Reminds me of L."

I smiled a little through my tears. I knew about L and his sugar addiction.

He went silent again and let me cry it all out. It was what I needed, just to know someone was there. He didn't try to hug me but I knew he'd hold me if I wanted him to.

It was Near who had been helping me through this rough time. I knew I could talk to Matt, but I felt he was too close to Mello and I didn't want to make things awkward for him.

Near didn't talk much but he was a good listener. He never got mad or yelled at me either. I loved Melo but we were so explosive that our fights could get lethal.

Near didn't tend to ask much questions but just let me say what I needed in my own time.

Eventually he spoke.

"Whatever Mello has done now, he's an idiot. But you're safe here, I'll never hurt you. Stay as long as you need."

"I know. Thanks Near."

I rested my head on his shoulder and began to fall asleep. I felt him move and lay me gently on the couch. Then he put a blanket over me. It was nice to be treated so gently.

"I'll be right here." He whispered, and I heard him sit on the floor.

The last thing I heard as I drifted off was him muttering "He doesn't deserve you anyway."