Wammy's House

(Flashback)

Y/N pov

"So anyway," Matt continued telling me about his and Mello's childhood. "The orphanage was actually an institute for gifted children. We were training to be successors to the world's greatest detective, L."

"So you knew L? Wow you kept that quiet." I was impressed.

"Yes we still know him. And we had to keep it quiet. So Mello and this other kid called Near were the top two students, I was third but I didn't care honestly. Near always came in first and that killed Mello. He hated only being second best, and so he hated Near. Wanting to be the best is what drove him and why he ended up in the mafia, he's been there since he worked on the Kira case."

"Oh ok. I understand, I'm the same. Like what's the point if I can't be the best. I used to be but not anymore. That's why I don't do anything now." I sighed. "He mentioned something about hating a sheep."

Matt laughed. "Yeah, that was Near. He looked like a sheep. Seriously."

I laughed too. "You two are like characters from some mad anime. Genius orphanage, mafia, sheep." I shook my head. "What will be next?"

"I'm glad we met you." He smiled. "You're well able to handle Mello with that mouth of yours."

"You bet my mouth can handle him." I smirked.

"Oh my God, that's not what I meant!"

We were both falling around laughing when the front door opened and Mello came in.

"What's up with you two?" He frowned at us.

This only made us both laugh even harder. He shook his head.

"I need chocolate..."