New Place

Y/N pov

I got to fly with Ryuk to the shinigami realm. Well he flew while carrying me. It was quite an experience. We arrived to a whole lot of nothing.

"This is it?" I asked, looking around me.

"Yes. It becomes boring after a while. That's why I dropped a Death Note into the human world so I could go there and have some fun."

"That was you? The notebook that Kira used? Well why aren't you with him now?"

"I'm not attached to him now because he's always planning 10 steps ahead. He's made me trade notebooks with other shinigami a few times. I can't keep up all with his explanations, I was just there for the laugh and entertainment."

"You sound like my type of shinigami, Ryuk."

"Thank you, hyuk hyuk."

"So you wanted to go the human world while I wanted to leave it. And now we're both here."

We had been walking while having this conversation, and Ryuk steered me towards a circle of big rocks now.

"Your partner is over here."

I stopped short. Sitting on one of the rocks was a slender body dressed in leather, head down so that a mane of blonde hair covered his face. A pile of chocolate bars sat on the next rock.

"Mello

"Mello..." I could barely whisper.

"MELLO!" I shouted. He flipped his hair back over so he could see and stared at me, mouth wide open.

I ra and threw myself at him, almost knocking him off the rock. I was on his lap with his arms around me, I wanted to shout so the whole realm would know I was back in Mello's arms. We clung to each other, both of us in tears.

"I missed you, I missed you." I buried my head in his shoulder as I sobbed and he held me tighter and told me it was ok now.

"Y/N, Mello, I hate to break up your romantic reuinion but you have work to do." Ryuk spoke. I looked at him and he winked. "Hyuk, hyuk, I've said that now so it's not my fault if you disobey me and sneak off to catch up with each other. I'll come back for you both in a while. Have fun." He flew away and I turned back to Mello and  kissed him.