What?

Y/N pov

I was awoke by loud banging on the door. It was the middle of the night now. I heard Near sigh as he got up off the floor and walked to the door.

"Near! Open this door! Open it right now!"

"Mello, I'm not opening the door, you might hit me. Speak to me through the door please."

"I'll fucking kill you if you touch her! I know she's in there, let me in now!"

"No, I won't. You need to calm down before I let you anywhere near her." Near answered calmly.

"Did you touch her? Did you!"

"No I did not. I would never touch her while she's so upset, I'm not a complete douchebag."

There was silence from the other side of the door.

"No, I guess you're not. Not like me." He said more quietly.

"Mello, just go home. Give her some time. I'm sure she'll call you soon enough anyway." He spoke the last sentance bitterly.

"I'm sorry Near."

What the hell? Mello apologising to Near?

"Yeah you should be. If she was mine...well, she loves you so..." He sounded so sad.

"You'll take care of her?" Mello asked.

"Of course. Now go away. I don't need you hearing me cry."

He sat on the floor where he was. I stayed quiet so he wouldn't know I was awake. Icouldn't believe what I'd just heard. Near expressing emotions, even crying? I knew we were friends but I'd had no idea he might feel anything more than that.

What on earth was going on here?