New Career

Y/N pov

Nothingness was so boring. Which may not exactly sound too surprising. You think life is too stressful but death is just boring. It's hard to stay motivated with depression, but at least in life there are things to be motivated for. However, I'd made my choice, so here I was.

I'd been so deep in thought that I hadn't realised I couldn't see Mello anymore. I'd last seen him a few hours ago. I didn't always see him but I could usually find him just by thought. He wasn't appearing now for some reason, but I wasn't too worried.

I heard my name being called, and turned to face an 8 foot tall demon looking motherfucker.

(A/N - Light Turner's best quote lolol)

"Y/N I'm Ryuk."

"Hello Ryuk. I'm pleased to meet you. Let me guess, you're one of those shinigami?"

"You've just ruined my grand introduction, but yes I am. How did you know?"

"Oh, my boyfriend had one working for him on a case and he told me about it."

If Ryuk was surprised by that, he didn't show it.

"Well Y/N, I've been selected by the head of the shinigami realm to help train new shinigami. And it's your lucky day because you've been selected to be trained."

He bowed after giving his speech.

"Really? That sounds fun! Well maybe not fun but I'd love to be a shinigami."

"I'm sure you'll be a fine shinigami. But you're going to be a travelling shinigami and they always work in pairs. So I need to bring you to meet your partner."

"Ok. Why was I selected?" I asked, curious.

"Well... the truth is you weren't selected. But shinigami are all humans who've committed suicide."

"Oh. Well that's put a dampner on it. Can't be helped now though."

"No. So, shall we begin?"