Kira

Light pov

I'd just called L to ask him out and he'd said yes of course.

Everything was going exactly as planned.

Last night I went to visit Misa so I could to speak to her shinigami Rem. I needed to talk to her alone, but Misa blabbered on forever before she finally fell asleep.

"Rem, you know that Misa loves me and wants to be with me forever. But so does L. And he won't take no for answer. Also, you know what his job is, and he's threatening me with fake evidence if I don't date him. The problem is, with his status he could get away with it. Which means either I say no and get put away for life, or I give in but have to promise myself to L. Which means cutting Misa out of my life. Permantly. But Misa doesn't take no for an answer either. I can't help suspect that L will see her killed if she tries to interfere."

"Light Yagami, you talk an awful lot." Rem wasn't impressed with my speech.

"Rem, I'm asking you to kill L so I'm free to be with Misa. That would make Misa happy. Isn't that what you want?"

"That is true, Light."

"Then listen to me. Tomorrow I'm going to invite L over to my apartment for a date. He'll definitely say yes and come right over."

"You're very confident, Light Yagami."

"Well I do possess very good looks, plenty of smarts and charm. It's not my fault that so many girls and guys want me."

"Ok I'll go along with your plan if you just shut up and go home now. Please."

"Fine. I'll text Misa the time to come over tomorrow. See you then."

I grabbed my stuff and left smiling.

"Fuck you Light Yagami."

"I heard that Rem!" I shouted and was gone.