Girl in Tears

[Warning - Upsetting content and NSFW mentioned]

Y/N pov

I tried talking to him when he woke up, but the words I wanted to say didn't come out. I guess they were the words I needed to say though.

"Maybe we should just end it. You don't even want me anyway. I can stay with Near for a while."

"What! Why him!" He asked, mad as hell.

"Do you even care if I leave you, or just bothered if I go to him?"

He stayed silent.

"Fine, then I'll just go."

I tried to get up but he stopped me and pulled me into a hug.

"I don't care about losing to him. I only care about losing you. Please stay. Let's try to make it work."

I pulled away from him.

"I have been trying. But I can't keep trying when you never try. It's over."

I got up and walked over to the door but he followed and stopped me again.

"I won't let you leave. I'll keep you here by force if I have to. Please stay."

He cried on my shoulder and I put my arms around him but just stood there in an empty daze.

"I want you." He said as he pulled me towards the bed. I didn't resist and he didn't seem to notice my empty eyes or stillness as he undressed me.

He made love to me as I just lay there with tears falling down my face.

He lay beside me when he was finished and he looked so devastated.

"I'm so sorry. I couldn't stop even though you were crying. I'm so awful."

"No, I didn't ask you to stop. I wanted to do it."

"Then why were you crying?" His voice broke as he asked.

"Because I love you."

I closed my eyes for a moment as I made my decision.

I got up and got dressed, then left without a word or a backward glance.

I wanted to stop outside our door to check if he was ok, but I knew I wouldn't leave if I heard him cry or call my name. I was too weak.

And so I left the apartment and walked to Near's place on autopilot.

I paused when I got there, to cry again. I was still wiping my tears away as I knocked on the door.

"Goodbye Mello." I whispered.