Scars

Mello pov

I couldn't sleep, even with the shinigami staying silent.

*Flashback*

I was lying beside Y/N and she was giving me a wistful look.

"What is it?" I asked.

She sighed and reached out to touch my scarred face.

"It's just that I wish I'd been there to look after you when you did this. I'm kind of an expert at healing wounds. Well, physical ones at least."

"I was ok. You don't have to worry about that now."

"Yeah." She smiled so sadly. "It's just, when I used to cut myself, taking care of it after became a sort of self care thing. Like it comforted me to be taken care of, even by myself and even though I was the one who caused it. Sounds crazy, right?" She gave a small laugh though I could still see pain in her eyes.

"No, I don't think it sounds crazy. I think it sounds like you did whatever you could in order to survive. But please don't do that kind of thing ever again." I took her hand and held it tightly.

"Oh you can talk." She nudged me gently.

"Stop it, I'm serious!"

"I know. And I love you." She kissed my cheek and I held her until we both fell asleep. My last thought before falling asleep was that I wanted to hold her forever.

*Back to present time*

I turned back over to face Rem.

"Ok shinigami, I'll do whatever you want. But on one condition. Once it's done, you write my name in that book."