Chapter Fourteen

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

No one moved, no one said a word, and one could be certain that no one breathing except for werewolf that was in the centre of the group. Sirius' eyes were locked on Elspeth waiting for the moment where all hell would break loose, but nothing happened as of yet. Remus seemed oddly calm, something that never seemed to happen if he was in his form and someone was in his company that wasn't an animal. However, Remus didn't seem to mind at all that Elspeth only stood a few feet from him. James decided to end the moment of tension for the three boys and communicated to Remus that they could head into the Forbidden Forest. The werewolf obliged and started following the stag and the rat towards the forest while Sirius remained behind. 

Once Remus, James, and Peter were out of sight, Elspeth let out the breath she was holding and nearly fell back as she took a staggering step backwards.

"Elspeth," Sirius was back in his usual form and took a couple of steps towards her, making sure to look over his shoulder to make sure they were alone. "Are you alright?"

'Alright' wouldn't be the word that she would choose to describe how she was feeling in that moment. She currently felt like her head was going to explode from all the thoughts racing through her mind. To come upon the discovery that Remus was, in fact, a werewolf, her boyfriend and his friends were animagi that travelled around with said werewolf on the castle grounds, and he couldn't see her. Remus couldn't see her while in his werewolf state, leaving her to stand in shock. 

However, she didn't remain standing for long as Sirius made his way over to her, she decided she was going to sit down for a few minutes. She truly felt like she was going to vomit during that time as she realised how stupid she had been, not even trying to run away to save herself as she had been instructed to do.

"Elspeth-"

"I feel like I'm going to throw up," She said tucking her head between her legs as she drew her knees up to her chest. Sirius moved her hair away from her face and knelt down beside her as the two were down in the grass.

"I guess now you understand why James wanted to know how you were avoiding the map," Sirius said in an amused tone, trying to keep the air light around them. "It was for good reason."

"That was really Remus?" Elspeth whispered to him. "Remus, the nice boy that knits and wears the cutest little Christmas jumpers, he's a werewolf?"

Sirius sat down next her as Elspeth lifted her head up and looked over at him. "We were surprised too when we found out back in second year," he said, " we still have a hard time believing it now. But the werewolf that takes over is not Remus in that sense.He hardly remembers anything the next morning after a full moon."

"And you three...you did all this..." She motioned to him, despite the fact that he wasn't in his dog form at the time, " you did all that for him."