Luke - needles? No thanks!

Luke have been sick for a while and the lads take him to the doctor. They do a blood test and gives him a shot, but Luke is afraid of needles and freaks out.

Hope you like it.

Luke had been sick for over a week. He had thrown up, lost appetite and not slept much. His throat had been sore and headaches were bad as well.

Luke were currently in his bunk while the other 3 lads were gaming in the living room. "Guys?" Ashton said, breaking the focused silence. Calum and Michael looked at him. "What are we going to do with Luke?"

The boys shrugged.
"Take him to the doctor?" Michael said.
"Yeah, but he refused earlier. He will definitely bring up a fight." Calum said.
Ashton agreed.
"He needs to go. It's too serious now." Michael said again.
Ashton nodded. "I will tell him."

Ashton went to lukes bunk where he was sleeping. His forehead was covered with a bit of sweat and he was pale as a sheet. Ashton sat on the edge of the bed and shook lukes shoulder softly. "Lukey? Bud wake up." He whispers.
Luke whimpered and slowly opened his eyes. The usually blue, happy eyes were now sad and dark.
"How are you feeling?" The oldest asked laying his cold hand on lukes forehead. Luke closed his eyes.
"Awful." He said hoarsely.
"Awe. I know bud." Ashton said. "Buddy we will take you to the doctor now." He continued. Luke's face immediately showed his fear.
"But ashtooooooooon." He whined. "Please don't! I'll get better! I promise!" Luke said desperately. Ashton laid down next to Luke and looked directly into his teary eyes.
"Luke. Baby. We need to. You haven't been better for the whole week and you have to get better soon. We need to know what's wrong." Ashton rubbed lukes cheeks. "Everything will be fine." He said and stood up. He pulled the sheets away from Luke seeing that Luke was only wearing a t-shirt and underwear. He found some shorts in lukes suitcase and slipped Luke into them. "Come on buddy." He mumbled and picked Luke up from the bed. Luke whimpered. Ashton placed a soft kiss on his forehead and shushed him.

They waited for about 10 minutes in the waiting room before they got called in by the doctor.

"Hi I'm dr. Lucinda." She said as she sat in a chair. "So what is the problem?"

"Well Luke have been throwing up and not eating more than necessarily. He also got a fever and haven't been able to sleep much." Calum explained. The doctor nodded.

"How high was his temperature?" She asked.

The boys shrugged. "We didn't checked." Ashton added. The doctor nodded and found a thermometer.

"Luke, I'm just going to check your temperature, alright sweetie?" Luke nodded slightly not feeling completely well. She put the thermometer in his ear and it beeped making Luke flinch. "Sorry sweetheart." She said looking at it. "It's a little high but it's fine." She smiled.

"So what we are going to do is that I will draw some blood and then we will see what's wrong." She said. When Luke heard that he was up and out of the door. He ran down the hallway hoping to find somewhere to hide. He found a couple of empty boxes in a corner and hid behind them. He brought his knees to his chest and cried.

At the same time the lads went to find him while the doctor would prepare the stuff. They went each their direction to look for their scared bandmate.
"Where can he possibly be?" Ashton thought as he walked through the hallway suddenly hearing sobs coming from some boxes. He went to the boxes seeing Luke sitting behind them sobbing. Luke felt some one staring at him, so he looked up to see Ashton. His eyes gave Ashton a scared look as he knew Ashton would take him back to the doctors.

"Lukey baby. Don't be scared of me, I'm not going to hurt you." Ashton said gently sitting in front of Luke. He took lukes hands and rubbed his knuckles softly. "Luke buddy? What's wrong?" He asked.

Luke sobbed harder. "I-I'm scared o-of n-needles!" He cried. Ashton hugged Luke, while guiding his head into his chest. "Shhhh..." Ashton whispered in his ear kissing lukes head afterwards. "Why don't you come on back and we will go from there ok?" Luke hesitated but nodded. Ashton called the other band mates and told them that he found Luke.

Ashton carried Luke back to the exam room where the 2 other boys were giving sympathetic looks. The doctor sat in the chair holding a needle in her hand. Luke clutched Ashton arm and whimpered. Ash immediately felt lukes fear and he softly stroked his hair. "I promised Luke that we would take it slow and make sure he is okay." He explained to the doctor. She nodded. Ashton made Luke sit in an other chair and sat himself beside Luke. He held his hand gently. The doctor put the needle on the table making Luke immediately relax more. She strapped an elastic band around his biceps and softly felt for a vein. She found one and took the needle from the table. Just that was enough the make Luke pull his arm away and start crying. Ashton shushed him. "Shhh calm down Luke. She haven't done anything." Luke calmed down after a little while and sat back down in the chair. "Eyes on me baby." Ashton said grabbing his chin and forcing him to look away from the needle. Luke saw the needle coming closer in the corner of his eyes and he immediately cried out and clutched his arm to his chest. Ashton sighed sadly. "Baby, come on. You can do this." Luke shook his head. Fresh tears were streaming down his face. "Please don't." Luke whimpered. Ashton nodded to Calum who stepped in and grabbed Luke by his wrist and his upper arm. He held the arm stretched out and Luke was crying harder than ever. "Sorry mate. We have to get over with this." Calum said. Ashton forced luke to face him again but this time he made sure that Luke couldn't see the doctor or the needle.

Luke felt the needle slide into the crook of his arm and he cried out immediately. "Out! Take it out! Please!" He begged with tears down his cheeks. "Just a little more." Ashton told him. Luke soon felt the needle slide out and a cotton ball were placed over the prick. The lads helped Luke calm down and after that they went for ice cream.

There will be a part 2 of this sickfic, but remember to;
Vote
Comment
Request

Thank you
- Filippa