Calum - high fever

requested by @Zoeisabelletria12177

Can I request a sickfic when Calum has a really high fever and they have a show to do and he passes out and he has to go to the hospital and he's delirious(ps. Just make it as long as you can)

ages:

Luke: 17

Michael - 18

Calum - 18

ashton - 19

Calum was feeling absolute shit for two reasons. One, he was sick. He had a high temperature. Not anything high enough to go to the doctors for though. The boys decided that he should just rest, relax and sleep it off. Which Calum wasn't satisfied with either. Thats the second reason. Ashton was making him stay in bed. it was so boring. Luke and Michael got to play games and have fun the entire time. Calum wanted to have fun too. He had tried to give Ashton a pout and puppy dog eyes, but Ashton mastered the rare ability of standing Calums cuteness. The pouts and cute eyes had no effect on him. When Calum found out about that, he tried to whine his way out of his bunk. He hoped he made enough noise for Ashton to let him get out of the bed. One thing was that he was bored. Another was that it hurt. So he tried whining again. Because of both reasons.

"Calum come on! Please just sleep! Stop whining!" Ashton yelled and Calum stopped, which surprised Ashton a lot. Calum never stopped after only one time. Calum hiccuped. He could feel how he was about to cry but he tried to hold it in.

"Calum?" Ashton asked more gentle this time. He got a bit worried for his friend now.

"Want Luke.." Calum mumbled and almost choked on his own tears. He heard footsteps pass by his bunk and someone speaking in the lounge room. After a while, someone gently grabbed the curtain by Calums bunk and pulled it away. Calum looked sadly at Luke and Luke smiled sadly back. He climbed into Calums bunk and wrapped his arms around him. Calum cried into Luke.

"shh.." Luke soothed and brushed Calums sweaty hair out of his face. Calums cries slowly calmed down to small whimpers.

"There we go.." Luke whispered and held Calum close in his arms. Calum missed home at times but Lukes embrace felt like home, and could make every amount of homesickness go away.

"Maybe you shouldn't do the show tonight.." Luke mumbled, which made Calums head shoot up to look at Luke.

"I've gotten better! Since yesterday! My temperature isn't that high anymore!" Calum argued. "I can take it." He added.

"I know Cal, it's just.. You know how hot it get's in there. What if your temperature goes up again?"

"Then I'll walk off stage! It's simple!"

Luke sighed.

"Okay, but tell me if you just feel the slightest sickness okay?"

Calum nodded and snuggled back into Lukes chest.

Later that night they had the concert. The boys and their managers had allowed Calum to sleep backstage, during the soundcheck. They were all grateful for that and Calum actually enjoyed the hour of sleep he got, instead of being bored.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Michael asked as he entered the room.

"I'm okay." Calum said. He had just woken up. It was actually a lie that he was feeling okay. In fact, he was feeling worse.

"Okay good. It's time now so go get your bass."

Calum nodded and walked to one of the other rooms to get his bass. He then swayed his way back to Michael.

"Are you sure, that you're okay?" Michael asked worriedly. Calum tried to nod, but instead everything turned black and Calum collapsed onto the floor.

"Calum!!" Michael yelled out in surprise. He ran over, got the bass off Calum and held the boy in his arms. "Someone help!" He yelled.

No one heard him though. He wasn't sure of what to do. He couldn't just leave Calum here. 

"John? Do you know where Michael and Calum are? they have 2 minutes to get back." Andy asked John, the manager of the band.

"No I don't know. I think Michael went to Calum, to wake him up and get his bass." John answered.

"I'm gonna go look." Andy said and left. He walked backstage. As he got closer to the dressing rooms he could hear Michaels screams for help. He ran as fast as he could to the boys.

"Andy, help! Calum passed out!" Michael yelled, obviously panicking.

"Michael, calm down buddy. Calm down. You just stay here, I'll inform the paramedics." Andy said and ran. He ran to the paramedics and explained the entire situation. They followed him back to Calum and got him onto the stretcher.

"We have to cancel the show. Calum is going to the hospital." Andy told John as he came back.

"Wait what?"

"He passed out."

Luke and Ashton had both heard their conversation and ran to Michael. They hugged him.

"We gotta go Mike, John will take care of the show." Ashton said to Michael who nodded and they all went to Ashtons car. They drove after the ambulance to the hospital.

Calum had to stay in the hospital and get some fluids for about a day. But after that day he was way better.