Chapter Fourteen

"What were you doing talking to them?" Lydia asked the second I sat down.

            "Talking." I responded to her.

            I could not believe she would question me like that when I just met her. What was wrong with her?

            "About?" She asked again.     

            'They asked me to go out with them tomorrow night. There nice I met Izzy this morning in Economics. Then she introduced me to Allen and Stella." I told her, hoping she would now just up and leave me alone.

            "I tried to ask Izzy out once." Stiles said jumping into the conversation.

            "You did?" Malia asked angrily.

            "Yeah. It was pretty embarrassing." He said as he blushed a little.

            "She said no." Kira said kindly.

            "Well that and the fact she is a lesbian." He said and everyone at the table chuckled.

            "She is?" I asked.

            "See I am not the only one who did not know." Stiles said with a little more pride then he had a minute ago.

            I looked over to their table and I saw Izzy looking over at us. She was looking like I betrayed her by sitting at this table with my brother and his friends instead of them.

            "You know there are a lot of shady people in this town. In this school." Lydia told me. "You should probably check with us before you make any knew friends just to make shore."

            "Make shore of what?" I asked. She was starting to really get under my skin.

            "To make shore that there, you know safe." She said.

            She then looked around at the rest of the group and for the second time today I felt like I was being left out of an internal conversation that I was not invited to.

            "Lydia has a very good sense for danger." Malia said with a smile.

            "I think I will be okay. I don't think the three of them are dangerous." I told the entire table.

            "It's not them I'm worried about." She mumbled under her breath.

            "Then what is it your worried about Lydia. I mean you're such a good judge of character and you have none me so long why you don't tell me who I should and should not be friends with." I snapped at her.

            "There's no need to get hostile. I'm just trying to give you some advice." She said.

            "The only advice I need from you is how to find English with Mr. Perce." I told her as I stood up not even bothering to eat any of the lunch I packed.

            "It's rite down the hall. Room 215." She said.

            As I was walking away I herd Malia say.

            "I was wrong about her. I think she will fit in our pack just fine."

            I could not help but smile as I walked away but I was going to have to ask her one day why she calls her group of friends a pack.

            I made my way down the hall and quickly found room 215. I looked down at my phone and I still had about ten minutes before class started. I looked around and I did not see anyone around. I did notice that rite down the hall it opened up to one of the open balcony's I saw when I was coming in. I decided to take advantage of the open floor plan and walked outside and when I saw no one was fallowing me I turned the corner.

            I light up my cigarette and took in a deep breath letting myself relax. With every drag I took I wanted to punch Lydia in her face just a little less.

            That's when I heard someone clear there throat. I looked over and saw Mr. Yukimura.

            "Shit." I said under my breath.

            "Miss Tomes. Smoking on your first day." He said as if I did not know what I was doing.

            "Give me your cigarettes." He said.

            I handed them over to him.

            "Get to class. I'll let you off with a warning. Next time I won't be so kind." He told me.

            "Why?" I asked him.

            "Why what?" He asked back confused.

            "Why would you just give me a warning?" I was not used to teachers being nice about stuff like this.

            "Your Scotts sister rite?" He asked.

            "Yes." I answered him not shore how he knew that.

            "He's dating my daughter. Let's just say I don't want my daughter yelling at me for getting her boyfriend's sister suspended on her first day." He told me,

            "Kira's your daughter?" I asked him.

            "Yes. Now get to class." He told me.

            "Thank you." I said before making my way back to my next class.