Chapter 180

"Where's is Kira? Is she okay?" Scott asked once Peter was securely in the back of the prison transport van.

All of us looked at each other not sure what to tell him. Derek was the only one who looked to be just as confused as Scott.

"Where is she?" He asked again a little more worried than before.

"What aren't you telling me?" He asked a little more urgently.

"Is she hurt?" He asked when none of us answered him.

"Thana where is she?" He asked me directly.

"She didn't make it," I told him.

He looked at me for a second as he shook his head not wanting to believe the words that had just come out of my mouth.

"No, that's impossible. She's like us she would heal." He said as he pushed his way past me like he was trying to find her in the crowd.

"It's true. I found her. I can take you there if you want." Stiles told him.

I was not sure if Stiles words would help or only make things worse.

"Maybe that's not a good idea. He does not need to see her like that?" I tried to hint at Stiles.

It seemed that Scott does not remember his time as a Berserker. He would be better off not realizing he was the one who killed his girlfriend.

"Take me to her, now." He told Stiles.

Stiles quickly nodded his head yes and started off towards the temple with Scott close behind him.

We all watched in silence as the two of them disappeared within.

"I can't believe this is happening again," Isaac said finally breaking the silence.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"It's like when we lost Allison only this time it's worse. Scott's not going to be able to live with himself if he realizes he killed her." He told me.

Up until this moment, I had totally forgotten that Scott had already lost a girlfriend. Allison died before I came to town.

"There has to be something I can do?" I asked Derek.

"There is nothing you can do. You can't bring back the dead." He told me.

We did not have to wait much longer for us to know Scott had found her. His blood-curdling cry would be heard for miles.

"What do we do now?" Liam asked.

"We help him through it. The same way we did before." Derek said as he pulled me close to his now clothed body.

"We didn't help him before. Kira did." Isaac reminded him.

I reached out for him wanting, no need to know what he was feeling. When I found him deep inside that death trap what I found was a broken fraction of my brother. He was shattered and in so much pain. He knew what he did. He may not remember but he knew deep down that it was him. He would never forgive himself and he would never move on.

I pulled myself away from him never wanting to feel that way again. It was in that moment that I did not care what Derek said. What he thought, I was going to find a way to bring Kira back.