Untitled Part 122

We were all at the school bonfire and it was like something out of a movie. There was an actual bone fire with a dj, dancing and food. The entire school turned out to celebrate something to do with the lacrosse team. I really should know what was happening because Scott was the captain of the team but I had too much on my plate to focus on that.

I walked through the crowd of dancing teens with Scott as we looked for the others. I watched as they all smiled and had fun and wished I could join in. I wished I could just be a normal teen dancing with her friends and not worrying about who was going to die tonight.

I walked next to Scott as I watched him scan the crowed looking and watching all his friends. He really did have a lot to deal with for someone so young. He stopped what he was doing when his eyes landed on Malia and he quickly ran over to her and I followed after him. I had not really seen her since the virus outbreak at the school. Apparently she was mad at everyone for not telling her Peter was her father.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked her.

"Getting drunk. What are you doing?" She asked as she took a swig from her flask.

"Trying to make shore no one gets hurt." He answered.

"That's a good plan." I told both of them backing up Scott.

I could not help but notice how much Malia was trying to not pay attention to Scott and it made me uncomfortable. Scott was brother but Malia was my cousin by adoption which made Peter my kinda uncle. I stopped trying to figure this family tree out again and focused back on the task at hand.

"Boring lighten up." Izzy said as she appeared out of nowhere.

I was happy to see her so I quickly gave her a big hug.

"That's fun to." Malia responded as she handed her flask to Izzy.

"We kind of can't get drunk." Scott told Malia.

"What?" She asked as she stopped dancing and looked at him very seriously.

"Trust me I tried you're not going to feel anything." He told her.

"That sucks." I said.

"Maybe you should tell him that." Malia said as she pointed over to Liam.

He was dancing around in the middle of the crowd with no one in particular. Just making a complete fool of himself as he spun around in weird ass circles before stumbling and being caught by his gay best friend Mason.

"I just want to talk." Scott said to Malia.

"I just want to dance." She replied as she tried to walk away from us.

"We didn't tell you about Peter." Scott started to say but Malia cut him off when she turned back to him.

"To protect me. That's what Peter said you would say. Guess what he said next that you were right." She told him.

"That makes me wonder what he wants." Scott told her making her angrier.

"Drop it." I told him seeing that Malia was becoming upset but of course he did not listen to me.

"We need to stay together. Stiles." Scott tried to tell her.

"I don't want to talk about Stiles!" She yelled at him and almost fell over but Scott caught her.

"I thought you said she can't get drunk?" I asked Scott as she looked completely wasted.

"She can't." Izzy answered for him as Scott looked at Malia confused.