Chapter-10

And the next day we bunked our second class and sneaked out for 2 and a half hours. We made excuses ofcourse.
I hopped on my scooty and gave her the helmet.

"Iam fine without it" she said.
I put the helmet on top of her head and buckled it. I could tell she was blushing and also that she saw that care I had for her, in my eyes. She got behind on me and as I was waiting for that she would put her hands on my shoulders......but she didn't. I didn't say anything. She needed time. I understood that.
There is this really nice ice-cream parlour in Jaipur. Its a little far away from our institute but it was worth it. It was a really nice place. That was where I was taking her. I parked in front of the parlour and headed for the door. I pulled it open for her to enter. Then I went in after her.
Not that I had any dirty intentions but I was actually really happy to see that, the parlour had only few people lingering around. Maybe because, I wanted this to be 'our time' or.........
maybe I wanted her attention all to myself.
She sat on the corner table. I went on the counter to the place the order, not asking her what she wanted to have.
I came back with her favorite chocolate chips overloaded ice cream and oreo shake in my hands. My knees almosr gave way beneath me as I saw her mesmerizing smile, when she saw I remembered her favorites. Obviously I did. I legit keep notes. Hahahaha psychopath after all.

"Somebody remembered......" She said smirking at me.

"That somebody's me........oh yeah......that somebody's me........." I said almost singing Enrique Iglasias' song. We both laughed so hard. Key stomach hurt.

"So.....other than memorizing everything I say and staring at me all the time, what else are you good at?" She said wickedly.
I was about to take a bite of my chocolate ice-cream when I stopped mid-way. I thought the air conditioner was ON when I entered, then why was I sweating? I was freezed.
She laughed and I realized that she thought it was funny to make people nervous. Just because we were alone doesn't mean she can do that! She was still laughing so wickedly. She knows she had so much power over me. Like she knows she had the power to make me so fucking nervous around her. For an instant, she was so scary.

"Sweet jesus, I was kidding"
I laughed along knowing damn well she wasn't.
Well I was a psychopath....'Officially'.
I was so flushed that she was trying to stop herself from giggling. Which led me to a realization. A pretty good one actually.

"You've got pretry cool observation skills yourself" I snapped back looking directly in her eyes. A sudden confidence came into me as I saw her blushing and giggling ever so softly. She didn't respond to my comment which proved her defeat. Which for some reason made me happy. I eyed her and she turned away, unable to look me in the eye. I didn't notice I was grinning.

"What?" she asked watching me grin like a creep with low intentions.

"Nothing" I said smiling even more.

"What!!!" She asked again.

"Nothing"

"You telling me or not?" She asked annoyed now.
I leaned closer to her, eyes locked with hers.

"Why do you hesitate to look me in the eye?"

"I don't" she said, clearly lying. She got pale for some seconds. The blood draining out of her. she was obviously not expecting this forwardness.

I laughed. "You do"

"I don't"

"You do"

"I don't!!!"

"Okay let's play a game." That was my move. She was trapped now. I knew the game well. All we had to was look into each others eyes for as long as possible without blinking. Whoever blinks, loses. I know what would happen, so the devil inside me laughed.
The game started and I enjoyed it more than anyone. Staring into her deep, brown eyes... For all I know was....that she would blink and blush and will lose. But what happened was totally unexpected. I didn't see that coming.........
Instead of blinking, she just looked away. She couldn't even look into my eyes for that long. She didn't even even try. She was cherry red now. It was like an impossible task for her.

"I can't......" She whispered. A faint smile never leaving her lips.
I couldn't sleep the whole night. I was thinking about her which was obvious. But I could hear her words all the time.
"I can't......." My mind was screaming these words. It was as if her and words were making my brain bleed. why couldn't she? There was something which she hid from me.
She felt something for me. But why hiding it? It was obvious, she know iam drowning into her. The thing that mattered to me was that she had something too......but just wasn't confessing.