Chapter-42

I couldn't sleep the whole night. Because if I slept, I would be thinking about the infinite possibilities of what would never happen. So I was up, for the whole night trynna distract myself.
So, given the not sleeping for the whole night, I had blood shot eyes. Oblivious to my state, my parents must've thought, I was having a mental breakdown throughout the night. Which is the reason, for my blood shot red eyes.
They were again upset. I could tell from the faces they made, as they saw me, when I was headed to the kitchen for some over-dose of caffeine. I wouldn't have survived through the day otherwise.
The mug in which my maid, made me coffee had 'LOVE' written on it with big white capital letters, against its black background. The mug was one of my mom's purchases. And today was the first time, it caught my attention.
It was only today, that I wanted to smash it. But then my mom would smash me.
I gave my maid such a look of envy, as she handed me the mug, that she was freaked out and avoided looking at me for the rest of the time.
I got ready and got in my car,knowing fair well that Aamya must already be in the class by now. I tried distracting myself again, by turning the radio on. I knew if I thought about her, I'll over think and lose it.
It was as if the radio was teasing me too. On all the stations they were playing heart broken songs. I wanted to smash the radio. But then dad would smash me.
I connected the bluetooth and played some songs contradicting my mood.
What according to my mom was 'help', turned out to be nothing but shifting chairs from here to there, ensuring the servants made the preparations properly and the occasional - "Mr Garg, is this your son?"
"Yes Mr Chaddha, this is my son Lakshit."
Bottom line - the so called 'work' for which I was here, could have been done by any fucking one. I was free for most of the time. All I had to do was, to tell the workers how to do things every now and then. It was as if, they had no intention to actually engage me in anything. Atleast nothing important!!!
They just wanted me to not go to my class.
Which I did.