Chapter - 64

With the sun rises, rises the other malicious things of this universe.
Like mean parents, zombie looking lovers and shady past.

The day has begun. And I can hear nothing, but defeat in the air. It's been three days since all this began, but it already feels like, it has been years.
My parents are getting worried about the fact, that I now look like a cancer patient. That in addition to my lack of eating and the increased intake of energy drinks and coffee, makes me a ticking time bomb. All I need is a little push, and I go screaming on everyone, no matter who is standing in front of me.

I had a large cup of coffee and a few peices of fruits, which earned me glares from both my mom and dad.

I got in my car, not at all ready to face the day.

My phone connected to the music system and the song I was listening to earlier, started playing.

The song was heavy. Linkin park.

And I thought to myself...'why is everything so heavy? I keep dragging along what's bringing me down, if I just let go, Id be set free. I'm holding on. Why is everything so heavy.'

I reached the wretched parking lot. This parking lot is where everything goes wrong. It's this parking lot that gets to witness every failure and defeat of mine.

If you go looking around, you might find peices of my broken heart somewhere.

I waited and I waited. And then I waited some more. But Aamya didn't show up.

I thought she might already be in. So I dragged my feet to the class. Also the place where only battles are fought, between me and the King Of Horrors.

I got inside the class, looked up to our desk, and there she was...smiling at me, so sweetly.

As nice as it feels to imagine that.
That's not what happened.
She wasn't there.
There was a big fat nothing.

I went to our empty desk and sat.
The professor came, and the class was about to begin, when Aamya came in.

My heart skipped a beat.
Her eyes were towards the floor. She came towards the desk and sat.
I had stopped breathing by then.
I wasn't even looking at her.
I looked straight ahead.
The professor began teaching.

We shared the most quite 45minutes after that. Until the professor left.
I thought I had a lot to say. But she didn't initiate a conversation, so neither did I.

After the professor leaves, I ask her the question, Ive been dying to ask ever since this nightmare began.

"Are you okay?"
And silence.

For the next 15minutes I wondered, if I wasn't loud enough.
After 15 awkward minutes, she says

"We can't be with each other."

There was my answer as to, if she was okay.
She isn't. She fell on her head or something. She's talking crazy-impossible shit. I can't stop loving her. I don't give a living fuck about anything else.
But instead of saying all this, I kept it in my heart. Because no matter how strong my emotions are, the need to keep her safe and happy would always be greater.

"Its that bad, huh?"

"Its bad."

And then we didn't talk for the rest of the day.
At the end of the day, she went to Rohan to talk, and Harshit and Kartik joined.

Eww.

I went to my car.
I turned back to see, if she was still with them, but she was at a distance from them, on a call.

Wth? Thought my mind.
I thought they took her phone. They didn't?
Well I can only ask her about it tomorrow.

I waited patiently in my car, until I saw a car(her mom's) pick her up.

But as it turns out, I wasn't alone in the parking lot by then.
There was a single car, just standing there in silence.
Other than that, the whole parking lot was empty.

The surprising thing was....it was Rohan's car.