Chapter-30

I parked my car at the parking lot. And it didn't take me long to, spot Aamya waiting for me over there. The parking lot was not that crowded, which gave me an excuse to hug her really tight. I needed her hug. I was very nervous and, her hug calmed me down.

"How are you holding up?" She asked.

"Gr....eat....great" I choked.
She eyed me suspiciously.

"You look pretty nervous."

"No way. Why would I be?"

"That wasn't a question Lakshit." She said sternly, shutting me up. She can clearly see that, I was trembling with fear. She put a reassuring hand on my shoulders and, this is quite very cheesy of me to say but, the trembling stopped. You see the power of love?

We started walking towards our class room.
"How are you? Nervous?" I asked.

"Nope" she said calmly, with such confidence.

"Wow..., how the hell are you so calm babe?"

"Cmon Lakshit. We're going to meet new people. Get to make new friends. Everything would be great. What can possibly go wrong?" She stated, being a social creature. She is good at making people like her. Making friends and all.

"Yup you're probably right. Love you."

"Love you more."

As soon as we entered our class, my heart was in my mouth. All the sanity I gained by Aamya's pep talk was lost.
The room was bustling with people. The class was huge. So were the the number of students.
We took our seats. Together of course.
The nervousness had reached the level up to my throat. My breathing was heavy and shallow. The teacher didn't take long to come.
A small, bald and stompeous man in his early forties with a dusky complexion. He was apparently our first subject teacher.

"Iam PRAVEEN SHARMA!! Your subject teacher of Accounts." He said with a voice loud enough, that It'd probably be audible to a deaf person.
All my senses became alert ,after hearing his voice. He started scribbling the name of the subject in capital letters, in his jagged handwriting on the white board. He was about to utter his first words about the subject, when someone appeared at the class door.
It was a fine sunny day, and the direct light of the sun was entering through the door. Because of that the person standing was not visible against the sun rays. He just appeared as if a shadow is standing at the door. Completely black.

"Can I come in sir?" He said.
His voice..... Why does it reminds me of something? Or someone to be precise. Why do I feel like I've heard this voice before?

"Late on the first day?!!!! VERY GOOD.... VERY GOOD...GET IN!!!" The teacher barked at him.

He stepped forward.
My whole world stopped.